Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cool Commercial!

• Thread starter vettesthedealwiththat
  • Start date
Dream commercial

GM pulled the "Dream Commercial".

Sends wrong message to kids.

I didn't care for the ad. Who were they trying to sell to? Nice gimicks, but would this bring you into a dealership? Not!

anyone found a mirror of the ad?

Chevy has pulled it from the link listed above.

http://207.153.235.182/

as well as the Making Of video.. (shot by madonna's husband)

shame to waste that money because parents can't raise their children with common sense! haha

My thread got blended n 2 that mess also !

Rain said:
LOL
one of the mods combined three threads(or more) re: the commercial..
I will edit mine out if possible.

You Are Welcome ~~~~~
I wonder who did it . . .

I agree with you. The new generation doesn't understand the "wave". I guess it goes back to there upbring.....no respect for authority. The "old heads and C1-3 owners understand the proud tradition. It kind of irriatates me. At least they did make the right choice by buying a Vette.

71Shark said:
Edit what out Rain?;) I'm not the one that combined the threads but I took care of your dups. Some folks still may think you're crazy though. :L

- Eric:w
Eric didn't DO IT! (the other admin) hahaha ;)

no harm , no foul :D

I would say NOBODY really understands the wave - was started way before the Corvette hobby and just grew from there to be embraced by Corvette enthusiasts as well as others

Rain said:
anyone found a mirror of the ad?

Chevy has pulled it from the link listed above.

http://207.153.235.182/

as well as the Making Of video.. (shot by madonna's husband)

shame to waste that money because parents can't raise their children with common sense! haha
I agree, what crap. Suddenly folks are worried about the message to kids in that commercial? What a load of fertilizer. Has anyone bothered to look at the crap TV is these days? Ricky Lake "My Daughter Dresses Like a Ho" Elimidate- a man kissing five women in a hottub, yeah these are things that children should be seeing as an example of society.

A commercial clearly expressed as a dream sequence is pulled. Some special interest group got their way. Asshats.

"A Boy's Dream" commercial:
http://www.chevrolet.com/m/corvette/video/c6_1.swf

This is one of the best car commercials ever produced. To not use this commercial because of fear that it will wrongly influence kids is just plain silly. I don't think they are giving kids enough credit. If your kid thinks cars can really jump and fly and that it is OK to drive or steal a car then his (or her) problems existed long before they saw this commercial.

I would suggest some small changes to make it more kid friendly. First show the boy looking at the car and then fading into the dream. It is no shock to the target adult audience that it is not reality. The "reveal" at the end is not that important to the message.

Sometimes people try too hard. It is a commercial NOT "The Sixth Sense".

BTW a wink and a smile is just as good as a wave in my book.

I just saw another ad with the C6 and the Cobalt in a garage. The Cobalt turns to some XM rock station and lowers its window to pi$$ off the C6. The C6 flashes its lights and revs its engine and the Cobalt turns off the radio and raises it window. Then the Colbalt slowly lower the window and cranks the radio and it starts all over again.

Is it just old farts that like Bach drive Vette's? Personally I love having the top down on my 50th and cranking the BOSE and numbing the ears to Creed. It nice to know that I have more balls under my hood that those tricked out Civics with fog horns for mufflers will ever understand!

http://www.chevrolet.com/cobalt/

GO here. Click VIDEOS
Wait for it to load.
Should have a car and two videos on the concrete wall. First one is the one you saw.
Very cute ad.

commercial is banned

it is a shame that this commercial was removed due to people saying it was wrong to have kids driving. It is a great commercial with millions spent on it and the children advocates had it banned. what censorship......

Magazines usually lag behind us when it comes to the latest news, or at least when it comes to dispensing news, so they're finally just getting around to addressing GM's decision to pull that Corvette ad a few months back.

Don't get me wrong, magazines have a tough schedule and it's kinda hard to get the latest news out when you're building the magazine months ahead of time.

And I'm not about to get into any name-calling or magazine-bashing here about how they accuse us (the Internet) of spreading misleading information. At least, we here at the Corvette Action Center try not to distribute information that could mislead people. :CAC

Anyhow, Ro McGonegal of Chevy High Performance magazine, has a few words for General Motors about their decision to pull the ad:
It was a brainy, brilliant, ballsy commercial for the C6 Corvette. There's a sub-teen kid behind the wheel, who made me think back to the kid I was, crouched behind the steering wheel of an animal owned by a friend of my father's. It stank of leather, was appointed by unfamiliar and exciting controls, and rocketed me into the subliminal just sitting there in the driveway.

Fifty years later, it's me in the driver's seat again, only this time the starship, the Corvette, rears up and goes wild, doing all the things you could imagine doing in it in the perfect dream. It leaps, it spins, it roars, it flies over stuff, with me, the kid, behind the wheel and in perfect control. The kid and the C6 don't scare anybody, don't hurt anybody, and sure make you want to play that daydream loop over and over again in your politically correct-sodden brain. Wow, what a wonderful escape from the stringent, let's-not-take-any-chances propriety that has become the model of modern life.

Sure, torque is beginning to roll off the rear wheels of other Chevys now, but what's with this politically correct bull gravy? Bring back the C6 episode now and make more just like them. Be damn proud of what you're doing. Tell the PC people as well as the cowards within to stuff it. The Other Side is ready to rip your guts out. Please don't help them do it. Start thinking sixties again.
To read the rest of Ro's "Fast Talk" column, get the February 2005 issue of Chevy High Performance magazine, or visit http://www.chevyhiperformance.com.

BruceBed said:
I agree with you. The new generation doesn't understand the "wave". I guess it goes back to there upbring.....no respect for authority. The "old heads and C1-3 owners understand the proud tradition. It kind of irriatates me. At least they did make the right choice by buying a Vette.
It's been a lonnnnnnng standing tradition in the uber-American traditional Jeep (MJ/CJ/Wrangler) community too. Very well accepted and practiced with the Jeepers, regardless of age! Of course, there are owners (yuppies) among Jeep drivers that are oblivious to the tradition as well. Bah - dont sweat it. They don't count anyway. ;)

departure.jpg

bluecoupe said:
I second that! Very cool Jeep!! :cool

I've got the same style deflector on my truck, but the red needs to be redone. :(

truckflag_01.JPG
:pat

Ken said:
I second that! Very cool Jeep!! :cool
photo41.jpg

Thanks guys! Incidentally, the TJ has gotten about 2-3" taller since then. A steady diet of cash and tubular suspension parts keep this 1.5 year-old growing like a weed! :L

See, when it comes to friends, girlfriends, neighbors, and associates, I'm a very open-minded kind of person. Race, color, religion, hell - even one's "romantic preferences" are pretty unimportant to me. You are who you are, we can still be friends.

But I am a pretty serious automotive bigot. I'm sure they make some fine vehicles across some distant shore, but I need to have mine come from the factory with a couple of baseballs in the glovebox and a trunk full of apple pie. And if there is anything more red, white and blue than a Vette, it's gotta be the Jeep. I mean, how much more American can my garage be than with a Vette on one side and a Wrangler on the other? Put a Harley in between?
:pat

But to get back on track, I have watched the "Boy's Dream" video quite a few times - mostly with the sound turned down (Jumpin Jack Flash? What were they thinking??? That song doesn't come close to identifying with the spirit of the commercial!) I think it's great, and it's also quite easy to find on the 'net. I've had a bear of a time finding the other commercials that the C6 is in - you know, the Cobalt commercials. I think the "Bump" commercial is GREAT, but have been unable to find it (or any other of the Cobalt/C6 video) anywhere on the info superhighway. And they are no longer on the Chevrolet website!

Any ideas where those MPEGs might be lurking? Even the P2P sites are sadly Chevy commercial-free.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom