Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cool pics of your C1 & C2 corvette!! Post 'em!

welsh c2 -

Gorgeous coupe :thumb:thumb

I'll bet that side exhaust stirrs up the Mini Coopers in the UK !!:beer

Now you're talkin'. :beer

That '67 is a beauty. Congratulations. Does that hood say "327"?

Thanks for the compliment, looking at your '67 the feeling definitely is mutual!:thumb
Yes it does say 327, it's a 350hp with a few obvious deviations from original '67 spec. Some I've had to make for UK road use, such as 65/66 backup lenses hiding amber turn signal bulbs!

welsh c2 -

Gorgeous coupe :thumb:thumb

I'll bet that side exhaust stirrs up the Mini Coopers in the UK !!:beer

Thanks again, and likewise your '65!:thumb:thumb
Having sold my Cooper S [identical color] to make room for the Corvette I know which is the better car!

It is time to put a new clutch into 5051. When the frame off restoration was done in 1978, the motor was redone at that time. Since then she has never been taken down, so after dismantle and bead blast she will get all new seals and a fresh coat of paint. I'll post update photos as work progresses. :w

9-14-08MtBaker043a.jpg

Here's a picture from a recent autumn cruise into the mountains.
:beer

Old Bull

Very nice. How much is your car lowered? What tire size are you running?

Tom

Thanks for the kind words. Tom I lowered both front and rear approximately 1 1/2". The tires are Yokohama AVS intermediate 215/65VR15. The car likes the changes and it is a pure joy to drive spiritedly. Thanks for your interest.
By the way there are so many very beautiful Corvettes in this thread. Keep them coming and Keep on driving.
Klaus

Old Bull,

That is a beautiful car in an amazing setting. Fantastic shot. :beer
Ditto from the Northeast.
THAT'S a cover shot if I ever saw one!
Andy

Thanks for the kind words. Tom I lowered both front and rear approximately 1 1/2". The tires are Yokohama AVS intermediate 215/65VR15. The car likes the changes and it is a pure joy to drive spiritedly. Thanks for your interest.
By the way there are so many very beautiful Corvettes in this thread. Keep them coming and Keep on driving.
Klaus

That's perfect. I have been contemplating using the FatMan Fabrication dropped front spindle uprights but wondered if the 2-2.5 inches they claim would be too much. I could cut the original springs for 1.5" and I have a NOS pair of GM springs I bought in 1971 if I ever want to go back to stock.

Have you seen the monoleaf composite rear spring from Vette Brakes? they are adjustable for ride height.

So as to not totally hijack this thread here is one of my favorite '57s. I swiped this photo from the Ferrari Life Forum.

Tom

ry%3D400

My vettes: 79 454 EFI 5-speed, 20" wheels, big brakes...., 65 Coupe 434ci 622hp small block, 5-speed, 18" Wheels, Wilwoods...., 63 Grand Sport Project LSX motor, 6-speed, 18" wheels, 5-link Guldstrand Big Brakes..., 56 Project 327ci 424hp 4-speed... ;LOL:rotfl

Cc.jpg

Thanks again, and likewise your '65!:thumb:thumb
Having sold my Cooper S [identical color] to make room for the Corvette I know which is the better car!

Here's some old memories for you.

The white one is my 67 1275 Cooper S that I sold about 10 years ago.

The yellow one is my 61 Cooper 998 that I had back in the 70's.

If I had room, I'd buy another. LOVE the old Mini's.

Chuck

AND, to keep in continuity with the thread, here are some pix of my Corvettes.

Though not as picturesque as Klaus' (Old Bull) shot - no snow capped mountains in Ohio - a few shots of a beautiful fall day in the heartland.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

Dave :beer
`65 two top vert, Silver Pearl / Silver Vinyl
L76 4-speed

Progress photos of the engine dismantle. All the parts were bead blasted and given a new coat of paint. The process of putting everything back together has begun. Several more evenings of work and the engine will be ready to put back in. No problems were found during the teardown. I will post more progress pictures as time goes on. :w

67vet -

Paint work looks GREAT!!!! :thumb:thumb

Can't wait to see it back together and where it should be -
ON THE ROAD!! :lou

Good Luck !

Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom