Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cooling fans

Z16#952

Corvette
1958 & 2004 Z06 CE
My '58 has had cooling problems for most of its adult life. I have owned this car since May of '68. In Jan of 1970, I transplanted a 1967 327/350 into the car to replace the original 283/230. On these hot summer days, the engine temperature gets dangerously high when sitting in traffic or even at the local coffee shop drive-through. I have replaced the fan shroud which seemed to help the situation, but I am wondering if I may be using the wrong fan. I am using the original 1958 four-blade fan. My thought was that maybe the 1967 327 fan should be a clutch fan. Does anyone know which fan was used on the '67 327/350 engine? I don't expect to cure the overheating completely, but it would be great if I could get a donut without having to monitor the temp gauge. Thanks, folks.

You can use a 5 blade fan with the fan clutch. It will help pull more air through the radiator. You could also install an electric pusher fan in front of the radiator to increase air flow. That would really help when you are sitting in traffic.

Thank you Midnight 99 for the reply. I have considered the electric fan, but I am unsure of whether or not I will have enough clearance in front of the radiator. Perhaps the clutch fan will provide the extra cooling I need. The adventure continues. I'll keep you posted and thanks again..

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom