Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cooling fans

Corvette
1988 Flame red coupe 4+3
Had overheating problem in my 88. Removed my radiator and cleaned out all the leaves, paper, etc. While I had it out, checked the cooling fans to make sure they were working. Grounded A & B pins on ALDL, turned key to ON and only the primary fan would run, secondary would not. Wired secondary fan to 12 volts and fan runs ok. Changed all 3 relays and grounded A & B pins, tried again. Secondary fan still won't come on. Started car after I got everything back together and let it idle. Main fan came on at 226 degrees. Couldn't get it to 235 degrees to check secondary. Any ideas or suggestions. Thought about wiring secondary fan and installing switch to make it come on when I want, but I would prefer to have it work as it should.

Thanks,
Murf

I think the rewire to a switch is the wrong thing to do too. Does the fan come on when you turn your AC on?

Primary fan comes on with AC. Found out secondary fan will only come on when temp reaches 235 degrees. After doing some more checking around, found out grounding A & B pins on ALDL will not make secondary fan run as Haynes manual says it should. Factory service manual has no reference to secondary fan that I can find. Think everything is ok now.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom