Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cooling system - fluid level warning light

L

lucky1

Hi guys

I live in South Africa and drive a Camaro Z28. Have been trying to import a corvette C6 into the country but the authorities will only allow us to import right hand drive cars and I cannot find anyone in the States to help me.

I have a problem on my Z28 with the fluid level warning light. It seems to come on intermittently even though the coolant is at the correct level. Have had it changed 3 times in approx. 18 months but the problem keeps coming back.

Anyone out there had similar problems or have any tips for me.

Thanks
Lucky

If GM hasn't changed the way that works, it has a probe towards the top of the radiator tank. I had one that just needed to be removed and cleaned.

Glenn
:w

Hi Lucky !

Sorry to hear about the Vette, maybe you can grab one from down under.. ;)

About the Z28: Mine did this a while back and the cooleant sensor had to be changed. Possibly, just needed to be cleaned, but my mechanic decided to change it.

:w
-Stefan

Hi from south Africa

Thanks for the tips. My radiator hose has since blown so i'll have to sort that one out first before taking on the sensor problem again. Probably do it at the same time.

Bye the way have tried "Down Under" for the vette but will cost in region of US $ 180 000 by the time all import duties and costs have been added in. Can't afford that sort of money "Oach!!!"

Cheers
Lucky

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom