Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Copper C-3? Tell me why I'm an idiot I can take it.

Red

Corvette
1980-Claret (for now) White Int. (for now)
Mama bought me an 80 L-82 for Christmas for a project car. (How do you not love a woman like that?) She did a pretty good job picking it out, engine REAL strong and a tune up has me getting right at 20 mpg (but who buys a corvette for gas mileage), no leaks, one MAJOR repair that I didn't even catch til I put her on the rack to do the suspension. Interior is nice but the leather is hard and cracks when flexed. I think it's a real good buy for 3000 and really, isn't what I think about that all that matters?. Okay, here we go. I am thinking of copper guilding it. Not paint-guilding. I would appreciate as much insight you can offer as to what problems I will encounter, why it would never work, or tips on how to make it easier. I'm divorced three times so you can't say anything that would offend me anymore so hit me with whatever you got...I can take it. I'm thinking a quick spray with an insulator (in case I get struck by lightening since I'm really creating a big lightening rod(oooo. I think I found a name for her) and I also plan on a ground strap in that case. WIll I have to contend with different thermal-expansion rates? I like weathered copper look but should I seal it and keep it bright? I'm sure I'll be posting more information later as I read my replies but that's good enough for now. I will say this. I have worked on other peoples corvette for decades now and it's nice to finally be working on my own. Color me gone, Y'all!

You might try to locate someone that would vinyl wrap your car in copper.
I have seen gold and silver.

Thanks.

You might try to locate someone that would vinyl wrap your car in copper.
I have seen gold and silver.

I may end up doing that if I decide to keep it bright copper. But I'm thinking about letting it 'weather' into that green copper color over time. Still just in the thinking stage. He needs refinished so I'm playing with ideas.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom