Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coronado (San Diego) Vintage Auto Races Oct 7 & 8

Janet Curran

Corvette
2006 Z06, 2012 ZL1 Camaro
The Coronado Historics (SRT Coronado Speed Festival) will be held October 7-8, 2006. I will again have a limited number of Corral Passes for those interested in attending. This year there will be a car show in the Corral on both Saturday and Sunday. Corral passes are free, but you must purchase your tickets.

http://fleetweeksandiego.org/event37.htm

If you would like a Corral Pass, please mail me a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope so that I can mail your Corral Pass. Please email me to receive my mailing address.

"Set against the stunning backdrop of San Diego Bay, the eighth annual Festival of Speed will feature 225 of the world’s most unique and pedigreed machines at one of the most distinctive stages, Naval Air Station North Island, the birthplace of Naval Aviation. A spectator-friendly 1.6 mile course is constructed in a matter of days on the runways and taxiways of Naval Air Station North Island.

The vintage racecars are chosen to compete on the basis of their historical significance and certified authenticity. Some of the cars on the track are valued in the millions of dollars and, unlike most racing events, fans are invited to tour the pits and speak with the drivers of these unique machines. An enthusiastic gathering of 20,000 fans is expected to be on hand to take a step back in time to enjoy auto racing’s rich history.

The Speed Festival is hosted by the Navy Region Southwest and the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Program. MWR retains revenue generated by tickets sold to the Military and a percentage of the overall revenue generated by the event. They in turn provide positive support for the active duty military community and their families through Quality of Life Programs including single Sailor Recreation Centers, Fitness and Aquatic Facilities and the Base Theatre Free Movies. The Southern California community is given this unbelievable opportunity to thank the men and women defending our freedom in person."

Janet Curran
janet@racespringmountain.com

I never miss it! Can I drive the track on Friday,Janet? (I'd even drive the track on Sunday between events if needed!)

I never miss it! Can I drive the track on Friday,Janet? (I'd even drive the track on Sunday between events if needed!)

Sure, I don't mind, but Steve Earle might have something to say about that.

Janet

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom