Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Body Panels - Whats out there?

I'd tell'um to check out your bell housing real good,It's probly cracked!~!!:thumb
I've changed out 2 that were cracked around the 5 bolts at the torque tube after a minor crash!Hard to see too,if some of the bolts are loose,It's cracked!~!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Curious more than anything: how much of an impact is necessary to crack the bell housing? Is it caused by direct impact on the housing (e.g., the tire that "Rain" ran over), or can it be caused by an indirect impact (e.g., running over a deep pothole with the wheels)?

Curious more than anything: how much of an impact is necessary to crack the bell housing? Is it caused by direct impact on the housing (e.g., the tire that "Rain" ran over), or can it be caused by an indirect impact (e.g., running over a deep pothole with the wheels)?
It don't take much,anything that would put leverage on the torque tube,Front Hit,Rear Hit,Side Hit or bouncing in a ditch!:thumb The torque tube is built stronger than the bell housing so it breaks the bell housing!
But it will take more than a pothole,Unless it possibly tears a wheel off!:D

... But it will take more than a pothole,Unless it possibly tears a wheel off!:D

Good to know, since I frequently navigate what passes for a road within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Back when I was first learning how to drive, we used to joke that it was better to drive inside the potholes and avoid the chunks of road... ;) By comparison, the roads in PA have improved considerably since then -- but they still have a ways to go...

Come to think of it, some of the roads around San Antonio ain't too swift either... :eek:hnoes

Thanks, "Junk!" :thumb

Hey Rain! I got a PM recently regarding Dino's Corvette Salvage located in Picayune... I've never done business with them but you and some of the local club members have, right? Heard of any negative, positive or neutral experiences with them - particularly their rebuild or repair services?

Thanks in advance! :thumb

Have you made any progress on the interior mods you planned, or are the repairs still holding you up? And don't forget pix of the before and after too.
:wJane Ann

Hey there - Nope.. I've not had any dealings with Dino's in several years and I wondered if they were even still in business. I have some friends from up that way and I'll ask how their reputation at Dino's has been.

Nothing new on my Vette - trying to get it running now that all the paint n body are done. Keep ya posted!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom