Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

"Corvette by Chevrolet"

silver98

Corvette
1998 Sebring Silver Coupe
Do you guys always see this in the DIC? I see it once in a blue moon. I was wondering if it has anything to do with where you were in the DIC when you shut it down last.

Any ideas?

Ciao :w

I see it when I just turn on the ignition switch and don't start the engine, like when I raise the windows after putting the top up.

Turn on the ignition but do not start the car, it will display this message.

If you go straight from off to start, you will never see this message.

Green and Tuna are correct: The "Corvette by Chevrolet" message in the DIC will only display if you inserted the key and turned it to "on" without starting the engine.

-Patrick

Same thing ... I like it.:_rock

Susan
:v a bunch!

Tuna said:
Turn on the ignition but do not start the car, it will display this message.

If you go straight from off to start, you will never see this message.

Well, ain't I just an impetous one? I get in and turn the key to start! It must have become a bad habit.

Thanks everyone!
:w
Joe

"corvette" "by Chevrolet"

silver98 said:
Well, ain't I just an impetous one? I get in and turn the key to start! It must have become a bad habit.

Thanks everyone!
Joe
Get in . . . turn the key to on . . . listen to the fuel pump while watching the "CORVETTE" "BY CHEVROLET" scroll thru the DIC . . . then turn the key to start . . . spark the starter . . . Gidde Up and Goooooooo! :upthumbs

I always get in turn the key wait for the gauges to peg and return to 0 then start the engine and wait for the oil pressure to come up before putting it in gear. The Corvette message comes up as I turn the key and before I start the engine!:w

...and turn on the stereo and ride...ride...ride...:D

Susan
6 Shooter said:
Get in . . . turn the key to on . . . listen to the fuel pump while watching the "CORVETTE" "BY CHEVROLET" scroll thru the DIC . . . then turn the key to start . . . spark the starter . . . Gidde Up and Goooooooo! :upthumbs

Now we just need a way to personalize it.....plug in and add your own message.

Corvette by Chevrolet.........Payment book by the Bank..........

Message/no message

I have the same sort of problem but in another area.
Why is it that my "memory" for the seat, etc. works and at other times it doesn't? When it doesn't, I just hit Memory 1 and the settings work.
What am I doing when the ignition key does and does not initialize the memory settings?

I have not been drunk enough not to know that I am in my corvette when I turn on the ignition. Guess they want to make sure.

68Roadster said:
Now we just need a way to personalize it.....plug in and add your own message.

Corvette by Chevrolet.........Payment book by the Bank..........
If I'm not mistaken, you can personalize the DIC on the C6.;)

jwawhite said:
I have the same sort of problem but in another area.
Why is it that my "memory" for the seat, etc. works and at other times it doesn't? When it doesn't, I just hit Memory 1 and the settings work.
What am I doing when the ignition key does and does not initialize the memory settings?
JWAWhite,
Do you switch key sets occasionally? My Z06 doesn't have programmed memory seats, but I remember from the video that programmed memory seats were "remembered" based on which key fob you were using. I have two key fobs, numbered on the back 1 and 2. If you programmed your seat using the number 1 key fob, you need to have that key fob with you in order for the seat to automatically move to your preferences.

-Patrick

CORed91 said:
JWAWhite,
Do you switch key sets occasionally? My Z06 doesn't have programmed memory seats, but I remember from the video that programmed memory seats were "remembered" based on which key fob you were using. I have two key fobs, numbered on the back 1 and 2. If you programmed your seat using the number 1 key fob, you need to have that key fob with you in order for the seat to automatically move to your preferences.

-Patrick

Not only do you have to have the key FOB with you, you have to hit the unlock button for the programmed settings to kick. (at least that's how it is on mt C5) I don't usually lock the car up in my garage so if my wife took it out last without me knowing, I squeeze in and have to hit either the button on the armrest or the unlock on the FOB.
:Steer

Good point, SanoLS1.
As I have a detached garaged, I always lock my Z06 when I park it. (Then again, I don't have the programmed seat memory option.) Might be a good excuse to hit the lock and unlock buttons before you get in, just so the memory function kicks in. In my case, I like hitting the unlock button, just to have the lights switch on- I like to think of it my Z06 greeting me in the morning. :D

-Patrick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom