Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Corvette C4 1st design targa top locator cone studs - removal

J

Jerry8

I have an early 86 Corvette with a 1st design fiberglass targa top. I managed to obtain a 96 transparent top that is a 3rd series.
I replaced the mounting brackets, the mounting bracket covers and removed and transferred the visors. I also drilled two 1/2" holes on the internal upper windshield trim to access the new positions for attaching the targa top. I also capped the old holes to make the trim look nice. I fitted the transparent roof and it fitted perfectly.

I also managed to obtain a folding canvas and plastic top made by Eckler's Corvette. This top is made such that it fits all the series brackets. It comes with 3 mounting holes on either side. No problems here.

Now I am left with a fiberglass targa top with a 1st series attachment system. I do not want to remove and replace the mounting brackets and go through the whole rigmarole to attach the fiberglass top.

Hence I want to remove the studs that the locator cones screw on to, that are found on the C4 1st design targa top roof so I can attach C4 3rd design roof panel front mount plates.

CAN SOMEONE HELP?????

The other alternative is a like for like swop with someone who wants a 1st design fiberglass top and has a 3rd design one!!! I live in Minnesota and would be willing to wait and try a swop before I begin to start jerryrigging my targa top. I am not willing to ship, so it must be within 150 miles of Minneapolis.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom