Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Cave - Artwork Added!

OldCorvetteFan

Corvette
Black 95 6 spd Coupe (Sold); 2011 GS
In a previous thread, I detailed the construction of my Corvette Cave, which has taken nearly two years from prep work to finishing interior walls.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106081

I have begun adding artwork to finish off the garage and make it look the way I've been dreaming. I've got to get my tool box in the garage, and I have a couple more things to hang, but here's what I have so far ...

080725-01.jpg

080725-13.jpg

080725-08.jpg

080725-10.jpg

080725-15.jpg

I'm lovin' it!!!
Steven

Looking really good!:thumb

I am wondering: When is the Grand Opening? :D

Looking beautiful!!!

SAVE THE :w

Looks good Steven. I particularly like this pic:

080725-08.jpg

Jason

What he said! Looks great, Steven!

Is this frame custom made or store bought. I have these 2 posters and need to find frames. I like that simple black frame you're using.

101_Poster.jpg

102_Poster.jpg

I also have the 1000000th Corvette poster but I'm letting my nephew hang it in a place of honor in his room right now. ;)

:wJane Ann

Thanks for the kind words!

The official "Garage Warming" will be held in late August or early September, based on the things I have left to do (and a few other odds and ends around the house).

I also really like that American Idol shot - it celebrates my old '65 coupe. I got the frame at Hobby Lobby. If I recall, it's a 36" X 12", and the picture fits perfectly. The frame had a mat for inserting two or three pictures, and I just used that as backer for the picture.

LT4Man - aren't you west of Chicago (I'm west of Rockford)? If you're anywhere near me, you're invited to the GarageWarming, too!

Steven

I also really like that American Idol shot - it celebrates my old '65 coupe. I got the frame at Hobby Lobby. If I recall, it's a 36" X 12", and the picture fits perfectly. The frame had a mat for inserting two or three pictures, and I just used that as backer for the picture.

Steven

Thanks Steven... I'll check it out!

LT4Man - aren't you west of Chicago (I'm west of Rockford)? If you're anywhere near me, you're invited to the GarageWarming, too!Steven

Steven,

I am actually in Chicago, on the northwest side, near Niles & Park Ridge. I would be honored to be included in your guest list! Just let me know when & where! :upthumbs

I will be in Carlisle from August 20-25. I know: "You are happy for me!" :L

Any other time and I will be there! :beer

Just curious where you guys got those posters, my grandson really likes them and was thinking about getting them
Gordon

I get a lot of my posters from Ebay. I've gotten some nice ones secondhand at very reasonable prices. I just do a search using "Corvette poster".

As for the Woodward Dream posters, I've seen them on Ebay and the Chevy Mall has them for ~$19.95 plus shipping.

Chevy Mall Home

Buy that kid some Vette posters! ;)

Just curious where you guys got those posters, my grandson really likes them and was thinking about getting them
Gordon

Yep - the American Idol poster is available from Chevy Mall.

http://www.chevymall.com/jump.jsp?itemID=384&itemType=CATEGORY&iMainCat=384&iSubCat=384&page=1

The Millionth Corvette Poster, C5 cutaway, and Zora poster were all purchased on sale from the National Corvette Museum.

http://store.corvettemuseum.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=23

The black & white drawing (just above the Corvette table) was purchased from MidAmerica (Item #619-232).

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette-1-75-7810.html

The metal signs have been hanging around my house for years, and I don't recall where they came from.

Steven

HOW ?

Please pardon my language, but how in the hell can anyone keep a garage that clean and uncluttered?

Inquiring minds want to know....:confused

Please pardon my language, but how in the hell can anyone keep a garage that clean and uncluttered?

Mine looks like 2 Mustangs exploded and all the parts landed on the wall.

NICE garage though. I do like it . :thumb

It isn't easy. I learned some hard lessons with my dad's garage - it started out as a mechanic's haven, then he got interested in wood working, so we were constantly pushing cars out, then dragging wood working tools to the center of the garage, then pushing cars in after woodworking was completed. That was bad enough, but after I moved out, then my sister needed some temporary storage - and that was at least 15 years ago! I've watched my father get so frustrated spending an hour prepping for a 15 or 20 minute job that I decided that I would do the following when I finally got my garage ...

1. One major thing at a time.
2. If you take it out, you GOTTA PUT IT BACK!!!
3. Clean as you go.
4. Organize, organize, organize.

I have to get my tool box out (hopefully this week), so I can pull some things that are in the cabinet, then I'll have more storage space.

I'm also putting all my woodworking stuff in the basement of the house so that I won't be tempted to turn the garage into mixed use property!

Thanks for the all the compliments! I'll take another picture next spring, and we'll see if I've been able to stick to my rules!

Steven

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom