Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Inspection

M

Mike Baskette

Hello All, I am interested in a 1971 Corvette at a dealer in Holt Michigan. Can any of you fine people direct me to an expert that does inspections/NCRS person on these cars. I am in San Diego and don't feel like flying to every car I see on the intranet. Without question this person must be an expert in their field and not "Billy from the Texaco". I am very picky. Regards, Mike.

Forget It

I was sent pix of the frame, looks like roofer had his hot mop up there. Thanks for viewing. Forget my request.......holy moley.

Mike, was that Holt Auto Sales by any chance??????
"Jeff"

Michigan? The rust belt? Spent some time out there working for GM. I have to say the cars take a beating form all the salt.

Yes it is Holt Auto Sales. 1971 LT1, Maybe I am wrong about the undercoat. If undercoat is old it turns rather a grayish color, right? If is new or newer it is black and sometimes very shiny. Am I wrong? Perhaps the used car salesman is correct and bright black and shiny is old, not new. I guess it must be me.

Mike, I've delt with them. No major problems. If you want the car, have an independent appraiser check it out. I'ts worth the $. Did they mention that to you at Holt?
"Jeff"

Yes, the fellow I talked to had no reservations about having the car inspected. I just am not into the hotmop look, creeps me out. I may be looking for information shortly for an expert (70'-72') on the east coast (New Jersy Shore, Churchville New York) area. Two separate cars. Regards, Mike.

Stop the presses! Just bought a 70' vert 350/350, 4 speed. Thanks all for your help. Regards, Mike.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom