Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Logos

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
Help Please- Corvette Logos Needed

Can anyone lead me in the right direction to find digital files of Corvette LOGOS and CROSSED FLAGS. I'm wanting to have large (36" - 48") logos cut for my new garage floor and fsmaller ones (24") for the wall. A C5 or C6 logo would be the best although a set of crossed flags would look good as well.

I would appreciate any information on where to obtain the files. Thanks to everyone. When this 'Monster Garage' is finished I'll post some photos.

Thanks
Sal

Sal, the ones for the floor....how are you going to place it in the floor? What kind of material are you looking for? I did some Logos/emblem representations on my CAD program and had the metal shop cut them out of 16gauge metal with their CNC plasma cutter. Then I painted them myself. These are about 18" across (widest point), but they can be cut bigger. Our plasma cutter is limited to 48" x 48".

Corvetteemblems002.jpg

Corvetteemblems003.jpg

garageremodel-fourpostliftassemb-24.jpg

I'm having vinyl cut and will apply it to the epoxy and then clear over it. They also have another process of printing it on a sticky back material.

I'm hoping the clear will seal and protect it but won't come off. We'll see.

The other option is to cut a stencil and paint the logo with epoxy. I'm not sure which is the best approach. I don't want to screw it up. I've spent over $900 on epoxy so far and don't want to have to redo any of it. It seems like alot but I'm painting 1,600 s.f. of garage floor and then clearing over it. PM me your email and I'll send you some photos. I'd post them but I don't know how to shrink the size to upload them to this site.

I may hit you up for some files. I found a few at 'Brands of the world.com'.

Thanks for the response.
Sal:)

Sal, I have a C5 and C6 emblem that I just finished up as well, I just don't have pictures yet. My files are in DXF format. If these would help I'll get to school and email them to you.

Thanks to all. Got about everything I needed. Now if the folks on the Viper forum will be as helpful I can move forward with the project.

I want to upload finished photos to the gallery. Does anyone know how to shrink photos to the size that will upload? What program is needed?
Thanks again.
Sal

I want to upload finished photos to the gallery. Does anyone know how to shrink photos to the size that will upload? What program is needed?
Thanks again.
Sal

Free program Irfanview
http://www.irfanview.com/
Watch out not to install the Yahoo or Google bar along with it if you don't want it. Uncheck the boxes for them.

Irfanview works very well with BAxBEx IrfanView ShellExtension 1.02
http://www.baxbex.com/products.html (towards the very bottom)

Microsoft has an Image Resizer in it's PowerToys collection which is free along with some other great utilities such as TweakUI. This resizer will let you resize a group of pictures at one time and has settings for different size dimensions.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
...look down the right-hand side of the page for "Image Resizer".

These are very small programs that are completely safe.

... PM me your email and I'll send you some photos. I'd post them but I don't know how to shrink the size to upload them to this site.

I may hit you up for some files. I found a few at 'Brands of the world.com'.

Thanks for the response.
Sal:)

Sal... send me those photos so I can get them resized and posted up! I wanna see 'em! :upthumbs

:wJane Ann

Here's the floor. I just need the logos cut. I'll keep you updated.
Sal

Thanks Jane Anne. Now one Vette logo and one Viper logo. The garage is now shared with a Viper, That may make some loyal Vette people gag as well as some Dodge people but oh well what can I say. I like both.
Take care and thanks again.

Thanks Jane Anne. Now one Vette logo and one Viper logo. The garage is now shared with a Viper, That may make some loyal Vette people gag as well as some Dodge people but oh well what can I say. I like both.

Me too - I was the Viper Plant Manager from 1995-2001. :D

OUTFRONT.JPG

2002791873-4-FinalLine.jpg

:beer

Very cool John. I knew I really liked you. You're a man who appreciates a great car when he sees one. Do you have one in your corral?

Very cool John. I knew I really liked you. You're a man who appreciates a great car when he sees one. Do you have one in your corral?

Nope - I got a new Viper every year as my assigned company car, but I couldn't convince the V.P. I worked for to let me take the last one with me into retirement - no sense of humor :D.

I would imagine after your career that you could afford one of you wanted one. What do you think of the SRT-10? I picked up a damaged one and am in the process of doing a frame swap. I love the frame layout and design. It's like a Nascar frame with bolt on body panels. Very simple design.

I would imagine after your career that you could afford one of you wanted one. What do you think of the SRT-10? I picked up a damaged one and am in the process of doing a frame swap. I love the frame layout and design. It's like a Nascar frame with bolt on body panels. Very simple design.

I have my '67 Corvette and '69 Z/28 to keep me occupied, and that's enough at the moment; naturally, the Viper is exempted from my employee discount. The SRT-10 is a nice package - I was closely involved with the design, especially the Net Form & Pierce machine for the frame; we built all the Engineering prototypes and early Development cars in a walled-off secure area in my plant.

:beer

Emblem DXF files

Sal, I have a C5 and C6 emblem that I just finished up as well, I just don't have pictures yet. My files are in DXF format. If these would help I'll get to school and email them to you.

Can you please send the DXF files to me (ybclear@gmail.com)? These would be great. I've made a carbon fiber emblem for my c6 from a flat piece but getting the detail by hand would be tough and I think that I can use the .dxf files to create what I need - I might make a mold to give some depth to the details. Thanks in advance!

Do you have any idea how old this thread is? :L Man, I've slept once or twice since that post.

IF I can find them, I'll email them to you.......man that's a BIG if. :chuckle

:thumb :w

Oh, and Welcome to CAC. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom