Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Mods Questions and more

CoronetRTguy

Hi all I have a 96 LT-4 that I would like to do some light interior mods, engine mods, exhaust and wheels/rims. So my car isnt to bad to start with it does need a paint job as someone had keyed the car before I got it. I'm not and have not been worried about it since my dad used to do body work. To me this is something simple to prep and get ready for paint.

My ideas are to get some extra trim pieces for inside the Vette so what I do mod I can always change back. The idea I had was to add a few more speakers and make it look factory. I want what ever I do inside to look factor and make you think what has been change, because I know something has been.

I would like to add two or four more speakers if I can. I really need to look the Vette over and see what I can do and what can be done. The BOSE speakers now sound really good and I was shocked. This car has had no mods on it at all.

The shifter knob is one that I have been thinking about and these are my ideas to set off the all black interior. I would like to have either all black, all red, chrome, red with pearl and black with pearl.

here are a few of the shifter knobs I really like-
https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/classic-series/transparent-red

https://www.speeddawg.com/node/789

https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/classic-series/black

https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/classic-series/white

https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/classic-series/ivory

I like all of these
https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/pinstripe-series

There is a good many of them on this page I really like
https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/stealth-series

https://www.speeddawg.com/shift-knobs/traditional-series/black-pearl-skull

So that is just a few okay a lot of what I like if you know of anything or any where else that is better or has what I'm looking for please post away.

The next thing I was thinking of for the motor mods are headers, cam and then to the exhaust. I have not clue in what headers or cam and what I would need. I have lived around cars all my life and the motor is something I'm lost on. I really would like to get up to 500HP to the wheels and I dream of 700-800HP.

So tell me what mods for the motor can help me get to my goal.

The exhaust what one sounds good and help the car breathe the best and maybe adds a little HP to a stock motor and then to a motor that has had mods done to it. So tell me what you like and what you know has helped in doing that.

I have found a spoiler lip that I will be adding to the car and it one being sold here by a member. The spoiler is so sutle that it looks factory and I really like that.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/c4-parts-sale-wanted/129937-rear-lip-spoiler.html

The wheels are something that I really, really want to make a statement but not and over the top "what was he thinking" and I'm not sure how big I can go without doing a lot of mods. I don't want to do any real mods to add wheels. So I guess I'm stuck in the 17"-18" from what I've read. Please if I'm wrong on that tell me.

This is kind of an idea of what I've been looking at. I have had thoughts of chrome, all black, black with chrome lip, black and red, and black and chrome mixed in, in so many different ways.

Here are some examples of what I'm thinking
TSW® STRIP Wheels - Custom STRIP Rims
TSW® VAIRANO Wheels - Custom VAIRANO Rims
I really love this style and the red/black/chrome ones are what I like.
LEXANI® LSS-10 Wheels - Custom LSS-10 Rims

These chrome or the chrome and black
ACE® TREND Wheels - Custom TREND Rims

ADVANTI® B1 LUPO Wheels - Custom B1 LUPO Rims
ADVANTI® A9 COSTOLA Wheels - Custom A9 COSTOLA Rims
KONIG® LACE Wheels - Custom LACE Rims

I dont know why I keep going back to this type of design I love it.
MSR® 045 Wheels - Custom 045 Rims

So that gives you some clues at what I'm looking for and at.

What breaking system should I look at and what size. I like BAER breaks because of a family connection to them. I would like to have red calipers showing I think. What do you think?

The next is the sound system what speakers sound the best with out breaking the bank?

What is the best radio to put in the C4 dash? If it can be hidden where?

Thanks everyone and if you guys can think of anything

Sounds like a big project and any goal is achievable with enough time and money.........That being said and not wanting to be negative about your ideas, you should consider that you will spend thousands to achieve your power goal and not get much of that back when you move on. You must also consider the entire aging drive line that will have to be upgraded to handle that extra power. You may want to consider taking that same money and investing in a newer C5 Z06 or even a C6. Very fast cars and everything engineered to handle the horses plus you will have something that will retain its value better down the road.

Again not trying to bum you out just speaking from expieriance.......C4's are great but the LS engines are something else........good luck to you.

Here is a C4 for sale with tons invested and I think 15K is what he is asking....

http://www.corvetteguruforum.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16499&forum=67&post_id=188092

This is my first Vette and I have always been a muscle car guy (classic cars) and a hot rodder at heart. I had a 55 Bel-Air four door that I was going to hot rod but when it came time to cut it up to do what I wanted to do I couldnt bring myself to do it. I pulled the car out of a field that a farmer was using it to hall feed in it.

The car had very little rust none in the trunk or panels only over the head light buckets. The car inside was far to original and no pitting on the chrome.

So there are a few things I want to play around with on the C4 with wheels and breaks being one of the first. The spoiler on the back as well. I like that it is a sutle change not a big wing. The shifter knob as well is something I will change with the first mods.

The engine and trans along with the speakers and radio will be one of the last things.

Tell me how will headers and exhaust help with any HP gains? I want a good sound out of them.

I got tired of worrying about something being rare, rusty and needing work. I never got to enjoy anything and this will be the car I enjoy till I sell it, if I do.

I sold a 70 Coronet R/T project car that was a one of one so very rare to buy the Vette. I had a stroke a few years ago and big projects needing metal work is something I can no longer do. The Vette will be a very fun car.

I also had a 55 Bel Air. Mine was a 2 door hardtop. Wish I still had it. Your car is already fast with the LT4 power and as in so many cars cleaning up the intake and exhaust will let the engine breathe and that will add power. Once you open up the performance box it's hard to know when to stop. Money is usually what stopped me. I also want a car I can drive and enjoy without having to mess with it or have it be undependable. As I said before from my personal expieriance I have found if you want more power move up to the later Vette models that have it engineered in.

Long tube headers, x pipe, some free flowing mufflers that don't drone and a cold air intake will add some power. I would guess 25 to 30 rwhp.....you would notice the difference. I gained 18 rwhp on my L98 with TPIS headers 3" cats and an X pipe. I was ready to do the top end with a new bigger flowing manifold and runners when my C5 dropped into my lap and I ended up selling my 90. From there you get into heads and tuning and a lot of other mods that start to add the big power and bucks.

Drone is a big factor on C4's so you will need to do a lot of research on what systems work well on your car. Corsa's don't drone I have heard but are pricey. I'm thinking overall the LT4 exhaust is not that bad and you may just have to free up the headers and cats. Some C4 guys would have to chip in with that. Enjoy your car, it in my opinion was one of the best C4's they made..............

I also had a 55 Bel Air. Mine was a 2 door hardtop. Wish I still had it. Your car is already fast with the LT4 power and as in so many cars cleaning up the intake and exhaust will let the engine breathe and that will add power. Once you open up the performance box it's hard to know when to stop. Money is usually what stopped me. I also want a car I can drive and enjoy without having to mess with it or have it be undependable. As I said before from my personal expieriance I have found if you want more power move up to the later Vette models that have it engineered in.

Long tube headers, x pipe, some free flowing mufflers that don't drone and a cold air intake will add some power. I would guess 25 to 30 rwhp.....you would notice the difference. I gained 18 rwhp on my L98 with TPIS headers 3" cats and an X pipe. I was ready to do the top end with a new bigger flowing manifold and runners when my C5 dropped into my lap and I ended up selling my 90. From there you get into heads and tuning and a lot of other mods that start to add the big power and bucks.

Drone is a big factor on C4's so you will need to do a lot of research on what systems work well on your car. Corsa's don't drone I have heard but are pricey. I'm thinking overall the LT4 exhaust is not that bad and you may just have to free up the headers and cats. Some C4 guys would have to chip in with that. Enjoy your car, it in my opinion was one of the best C4's they made..............

Thanks for the info. I will look into headers, where is a good place for those? I will also look at cats and x pipes. I will do some homework on all this. I may just do what you did and be happy with that and paint the car and get some wheels on it and just really enjoy it.

I really want a good sounding Vette and I dont mind it being loud because I love the sound of motor. I really want a good looking set of wheels that are different then what I see on C4s.

The breaks are something else I will update as I do the wheels.

Thanks and if anyone has more ideas post away.

PS The 55 Bel Air is on the road and I've ridden in it. The guy did take the six out and put in a built 350 and 4spd the car looks great and he never cut it up.

What kind of experience do you have with EFI and computer controlled fuel injection?

'cause its a different animal and half the theory that works on carb engines, means absolutely nothing to a fuel injected engine. Do as you will...the engine is only going to do what the computer tells it to do.

I like the enthusiasm and the high level of excitement, but as others have mentioned....you'd have to sell a kidney and THEN use your house as collateral to do all the mods you listed !

The interior...nothing you can do that will be 'un-doable'. No room in a C4 for major change with the ability to go back.
Engine...how bigs your wallet?

The first 50hp (meaningless cause its th low end torque thats gives you the thrills) can be had for maybe $1500....exhaust FIRST, THEN things like throttle body, porting, runners, intake...cam? then eventually a tune. BTW...after every major mod or upgrade comes a new "tune"...that can run you $150 to $350 depending on the quality and complexity of the build.

Forget power addrs, turbo, NOX, supper chargers until you build a bottom end of forged parts that are balanced to 6500+ rpm. It ain;t as easy as it sounds...

If you really want to have a super C4....go buy a salvage engine, strip it, sterilize it, and buy stuff as you can afford to invest thousands at a whack.
Buy the nice crank, a stroker, forged, nice rods, bore the block and (find a 4 blt main to build if possible) and start adding the best pieces that money can buy. Use the known builds as a guide....many many guys have bought expensive parts and bolted it all together only to have a $10,000 motor that did not run as good as the stock engine....happens everyday. You have to make a plan, and follow the plan. Can't just grab somebodys heads and then stick somebody elses intake on there. Don;t work that way.

As you build your motor the right way, with a plan and a specific purpose, you can start doing some custome things to the interior...as long as you can live with it, cause there are many things that are a one way trip...like cutting holes for speakers... where did you have in mind? :chuckle Floor pans?

The ONLY solution there, is to build a ghetto blaster box in the rear cargo area and sacrifice the ability to throw a suitcase in there for a weekend trip. Or the roof panel on nice days...or much of anything else...GM put the best possible sound in there with the space that was available. You can have better but you will sacrifice something else to have it.
I've seen a dash that had video display, GPS, back-up camera...other non-essential stuff for show, that looked great, but there was no going back. The dash had to be chopped up big time to fit it all in. Its already very very crowded in there as it is. But, nobody ever said that an idea was a waste of time. Explore it and THINK about what you do before you do it.

I think you';ll come to appreciate the C4 Corvette as a very fine piece of engineering just as it sits. Sure, you CAN do things to make it faster, or louder, but it'll cost ya big and you're going to have to out-think many well educated GM engineers.

Go for it...
Like I said, I'd start by finding a block to clean and use as a platform for a super-mod engine so the stock engine can be preserved and reinstalled at some later date. Stock, virgin cars hold their value wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than modded cars.

What kind of experience do you have with EFI and computer controlled fuel injection?

'cause its a different animal and half the theory that works on carb engines, means absolutely nothing to a fuel injected engine. Do as you will...the engine is only going to do what the computer tells it to do.

I like the enthusiasm and the high level of excitement, but as others have mentioned....you'd have to sell a kidney and THEN use your house as collateral to do all the mods you listed !

The interior...nothing you can do that will be 'un-doable'. No room in a C4 for major change with the ability to go back.
Engine...how bigs your wallet?

The first 50hp (meaningless cause its th low end torque thats gives you the thrills) can be had for maybe $1500....exhaust FIRST, THEN things like throttle body, porting, runners, intake...cam? then eventually a tune. BTW...after every major mod or upgrade comes a new "tune"...that can run you $150 to $350 depending on the quality and complexity of the build.

Forget power addrs, turbo, NOX, supper chargers until you build a bottom end of forged parts that are balanced to 6500+ rpm. It ain;t as easy as it sounds...

If you really want to have a super C4....go buy a salvage engine, strip it, sterilize it, and buy stuff as you can afford to invest thousands at a whack.
Buy the nice crank, a stroker, forged, nice rods, bore the block and (find a 4 blt main to build if possible) and start adding the best pieces that money can buy. Use the known builds as a guide....many many guys have bought expensive parts and bolted it all together only to have a $10,000 motor that did not run as good as the stock engine....happens everyday. You have to make a plan, and follow the plan. Can't just grab somebodys heads and then stick somebody elses intake on there. Don;t work that way.

As you build your motor the right way, with a plan and a specific purpose, you can start doing some custome things to the interior...as long as you can live with it, cause there are many things that are a one way trip...like cutting holes for speakers... where did you have in mind? :chuckle Floor pans?

The ONLY solution there, is to build a ghetto blaster box in the rear cargo area and sacrifice the ability to throw a suitcase in there for a weekend trip. Or the roof panel on nice days...or much of anything else...GM put the best possible sound in there with the space that was available. You can have better but you will sacrifice something else to have it.
I've seen a dash that had video display, GPS, back-up camera...other non-essential stuff for show, that looked great, but there was no going back. The dash had to be chopped up big time to fit it all in. Its already very very crowded in there as it is. But, nobody ever said that an idea was a waste of time. Explore it and THINK about what you do before you do it.

I think you';ll come to appreciate the C4 Corvette as a very fine piece of engineering just as it sits. Sure, you CAN do things to make it faster, or louder, but it'll cost ya big and you're going to have to out-think many well educated GM engineers.

Go for it...
Like I said, I'd start by finding a block to clean and use as a platform for a super-mod engine so the stock engine can be preserved and reinstalled at some later date. Stock, virgin cars hold their value wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than modded cars.

Thank you, you gave me a lot of food for thought. I dont want a getto blaster in it. The BOSE system in it as of right now is just great sounding really better then some of the new cars I've been in.

I called about a 90s Firebird Fourmla today with an LT1 motor and trans it was sold. I thought about getting a motor and trans and using that.

A lot to think about and look what I really want to do. I do want add new exhaust and some great sounding pips would be great.

Just a lot to think about and I got nothing but time. I'm disabled and was at the age of 29 I'm working to get back to work and after a stroke I just have to take my time to do things. I know the stroke made me stop and look and enjoy every second so this Vette is going to be my every second and enjoy what I do.

THanks and keep the info coming its food for thought.

I understand where you;re at...

I'm also D/A but have a few more miles on my chassis...:L older model, I guess you could say.

The temptation is always there to jump on the bandwagon and dive in head first when 'mod-fever' strikes. Trust me when I tell you this, that it rarely works out well. Lots of time ( can't be replaced) and lots of money (too hard to come by lately) to jump into a full on custom attack on a Corvette.
Corvette stuff cost more than other cars because 90% of the pieces are made for Corvette Only...so the OEM and aftermarket stuff gets expensive, quick.

Next, the engine and powertrain are made with more delicate electronics than your laptop ! So the engine is basically the same thing that was available in 1950, but its control systems are more like what comes on a base model space shuttle. These things can now go for 300,000 miles when they are maintained and not abused. In 1970 a car was dead at 100,000 because it lacked the fine very detailed control that computers offer, so they simply wore out faster. Now the computer manages everything...down to the last detail. Yes, it certainly can complicate things and makes modifying a PITA, but the systems do what they are told and do it extremely well. Build a good motor and get a good tune and that is how you find 500hp with 600ft/lb of torque at the wheels. Twice what old muscle cars delivered from the 60's. And....get 4 times the mpg. Who was getting 25 mpg in a Charger or a Camero 30 yrs ago? NooooBody !

I think the single biggest mistake that guys make with C4 and later Corvettes is in taking this new technology and treating it the same way as the muscle cars of yesterday. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that knowledge or experience, nothing at all. It just can;t be used on the newest generation of automotive technology. Even motor oils and EFI are different. There is so much misinformation floating around regarding emissions equipment and other misc engine mngt systems that people immediately want to hack it all apart because they are looking at this stuff thru muscle car glasses... Can;t do that.

My best advice remains the same, develope a plan, describe what you want the car to do, what you can live with permantly, and what you are unwilling to look at from now on, and learn about the cars engine and electonics and control systems. Then start searching the potential parts list to get an idea of what it all is gonna cost...Once you have a parts list in mind, go to Flea-Bay and do some searches there to get some ideas on cost. Search Google for various engine parts and stories of other peoples builds and what they did and how they did it. There are some great success stories out there and lots of failures as well. Doing the homework helps keep you in the success catagory. For example, I spent approx $10K on my last build and that was making sacrifices the whole way thru the job...like a forged crank...had to let it go and had to settle for a good internal balance. Same for the rods that I wanted...it all just got too expensive, so some things had to be removed from the to-do list and placed back on the wish-list. I got a great motor, its 13 or 14 yrs old now and has around 150k on this build and still runs great and still reliable. My original list for the build was long and made of top shelf parts...deep pockets parts. I had to let it go and get grounded again and work within my means. Everybody has their dream motor....I sure did! The cost was the only thing that stopped me from having what I wanted. The cost just started to add up so fast that the budget was getting used up quicker than the UPS could deliver the stuff that I ordered.
I'm going to be moving soon, and once settled, I plan on buying a good block and doing exactly what I told to you...design a motor and buy the pieces as I can until I have a complete engine to drop in. That way I can have the super C4 and then do a nice, clean rebuild of the current motor to either sell or save as a spare. Cost of the parts does not sting nearly as much when you spread the pain over several months...or even years. Heck, I see blocks for sale for $250...running long blocks for under $1000. Thats a starting point.

Another tip, locate your local Corvette club and get involved. People there have seen it, done it, been there and are willing to assist another Corvette owner in his research and they'll save you a ton of money by telling you what works and what is pure marketing hype. LOTS of aftermarket parts are no more than marketing BS....never buy something that says on the box that it added 9hp to their test motor... or 3 hp or 30. Thats marketing Hype and its pure unadulterated BS ! !

They sell piles of useless junk to guys that have been bitten by the mod-bug. The end result is the car goes faster because your wallet is lighter...:chuckle

Everything that you wanna do is do-able...its just a matter of money and what you want to do with the car. Its like I tell friends, there is no such thing as the baddest car on the block anymore. You can have one of the baddest cars on the block....but there is no such thing as the fastest anymore. That changes hourly with todays automotive technology. The goal is to have a respectable car and when you drive a Corvette, you have a head start and an instant advantage over the other guys. You are now "the Jones" and everybody else is trying to keep up. Its not an emergency to fix it up and go crazy...its already pretty darn good !

I look at it this way....

I can say that I drove a Corvette and owned one for most of my adult life. How many people never even get to drive one much less own one?

Good luck and enjoy your Vette !

I understand where you;re at...

I'm also D/A but have a few more miles on my chassis...:L older model, I guess you could say.

The temptation is always there to jump on the bandwagon and dive in head first when 'mod-fever' strikes. Trust me when I tell you this, that it rarely works out well. Lots of time ( can't be replaced) and lots of money (too hard to come by lately) to jump into a full on custom attack on a Corvette.
Corvette stuff cost more than other cars because 90% of the pieces are made for Corvette Only...so the OEM and aftermarket stuff gets expensive, quick.

Next, the engine and powertrain are made with more delicate electronics than your laptop ! So the engine is basically the same thing that was available in 1950, but its control systems are more like what comes on a base model space shuttle. These things can now go for 300,000 miles when they are maintained and not abused. In 1970 a car was dead at 100,000 because it lacked the fine very detailed control that computers offer, so they simply wore out faster. Now the computer manages everything...down to the last detail. Yes, it certainly can complicate things and makes modifying a PITA, but the systems do what they are told and do it extremely well. Build a good motor and get a good tune and that is how you find 500hp with 600ft/lb of torque at the wheels. Twice what old muscle cars delivered from the 60's. And....get 4 times the mpg. Who was getting 25 mpg in a Charger or a Camero 30 yrs ago? NooooBody !

I think the single biggest mistake that guys make with C4 and later Corvettes is in taking this new technology and treating it the same way as the muscle cars of yesterday. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that knowledge or experience, nothing at all. It just can;t be used on the newest generation of automotive technology. Even motor oils and EFI are different. There is so much misinformation floating around regarding emissions equipment and other misc engine mngt systems that people immediately want to hack it all apart because they are looking at this stuff thru muscle car glasses... Can;t do that.

My best advice remains the same, develope a plan, describe what you want the car to do, what you can live with permantly, and what you are unwilling to look at from now on, and learn about the cars engine and electonics and control systems. Then start searching the potential parts list to get an idea of what it all is gonna cost...Once you have a parts list in mind, go to Flea-Bay and do some searches there to get some ideas on cost. Search Google for various engine parts and stories of other peoples builds and what they did and how they did it. There are some great success stories out there and lots of failures as well. Doing the homework helps keep you in the success catagory. For example, I spent approx $10K on my last build and that was making sacrifices the whole way thru the job...like a forged crank...had to let it go and had to settle for a good internal balance. Same for the rods that I wanted...it all just got too expensive, so some things had to be removed from the to-do list and placed back on the wish-list. I got a great motor, its 13 or 14 yrs old now and has around 150k on this build and still runs great and still reliable. My original list for the build was long and made of top shelf parts...deep pockets parts. I had to let it go and get grounded again and work within my means. Everybody has their dream motor....I sure did! The cost was the only thing that stopped me from having what I wanted. The cost just started to add up so fast that the budget was getting used up quicker than the UPS could deliver the stuff that I ordered.
I'm going to be moving soon, and once settled, I plan on buying a good block and doing exactly what I told to you...design a motor and buy the pieces as I can until I have a complete engine to drop in. That way I can have the super C4 and then do a nice, clean rebuild of the current motor to either sell or save as a spare. Cost of the parts does not sting nearly as much when you spread the pain over several months...or even years. Heck, I see blocks for sale for $250...running long blocks for under $1000. Thats a starting point.

Another tip, locate your local Corvette club and get involved. People there have seen it, done it, been there and are willing to assist another Corvette owner in his research and they'll save you a ton of money by telling you what works and what is pure marketing hype. LOTS of aftermarket parts are no more than marketing BS....never buy something that says on the box that it added 9hp to their test motor... or 3 hp or 30. Thats marketing Hype and its pure unadulterated BS ! !

They sell piles of useless junk to guys that have been bitten by the mod-bug. The end result is the car goes faster because your wallet is lighter...:chuckle

Everything that you wanna do is do-able...its just a matter of money and what you want to do with the car. Its like I tell friends, there is no such thing as the baddest car on the block anymore. You can have one of the baddest cars on the block....but there is no such thing as the fastest anymore. That changes hourly with todays automotive technology. The goal is to have a respectable car and when you drive a Corvette, you have a head start and an instant advantage over the other guys. You are now "the Jones" and everybody else is trying to keep up. Its not an emergency to fix it up and go crazy...its already pretty darn good !

I look at it this way....

I can say that I drove a Corvette and owned one for most of my adult life. How many people never even get to drive one much less own one?

Good luck and enjoy your Vette !

I get what you are saying and it is true. I have a chance to own and drive a great car that most wont ever have the chance to. I think I will lay out a plan and see what I can do and enjoy.

I know wheels are one that I really want to do, breaks as well. I also know the first mod will be the shifter knob I'm going to change it soon. I dont know if I want a red like a dark red knob. I do want black rims with either a chrome lip or red lip.

This summer I plan to get the car painted if I do the prep work myself and if my dad can shoot the paint or I find someone that will do it for not a lot of money.

Keep the ideas coming and the thoughts.

Changing a shifter knob is a whole different ballpark to building a 500Hp engine

Oh I do know that. This is just one small mod I can make on a budget right now and not worry about it.

I did find a motor its an LT1 and I'm going to find out if he has a trans for it. The guy is asking 400 for it. So I will check it out.

listening?

I'd say this whole thing depends on what you want, of course. I always liked my '84 but wanted to 'own it', meaning doing some simple mods at first. The train kept rolling and like so many, I wanted more. None other than Dick G. suggested selling it and getting and '86 or later, rather than try to mod the L83.

I will say, that I learned a lot and got some satisfaction after the many, many hours over 3-4 years of changing to the 406. that was planned, however, as boom said. The hardest part was finding and then getting someone to tune the ECM to get it to run!

After all that, I started breaking things. Seems I was a little above the design engineering safety factor of the rest of the powertrain. Now, I believe the car is well designed built, but the over-engineering of yore, is of yore, at least to that degree.

If you go with headers, GET THEM HOT COATED or wait until the $$ are there for it. The alternative is to wrap them with ThermoTech and WITH their paint; done both (as well as uncoated) and will never again watch the plastic parts on these engines melt from the high under-hood temperatures the naked headers cause.

The LT1 is a different animal, too. Do your homework as to the TOTAL cost of incompatible parts, including ECM and wiring. that whole endeavor will be a bit easier, that back when I pooh-poohed Dick's advice and learned the hard way just how right he was. Your goals can be met, but the newer cars are as others had stated.

$o, do you want to drive and play or redo and play, maybe not driving for some time?

BTW, my car is now an absolute blast to drive, but it took a loooong time (money) to get it anywhere near reliable. :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom