Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Plant Tours Stop as GM Retools for C7 Production; Adds More Jobs

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
GM Ky. plant gears up for newest Corvette

Bowling Green plant to suspend public tours, add 250 jobs

By Melissa Burden
The Detroit News
August 22, 2012 at 1:00 am

General Motors Co.'s Bowling Green Assembly Plant will close to public tours beginning Sept. 14 as the Corvette plant begins to prepare for the next-generation sports car.

The plant in Bowling Green, Ky., typically draws between 40,000 and 50,000 visitors a year through public tours.

No definite date has been set for reopening the tours, said GM spokesman Monte Doran. Production will not be stopped, said plant spokeswoman Andrea Hales.

GM is stopping public tours as it begins retooling and tearing up pieces of the production line and prepares for the new Corvette, Doran said. GM has not released any information on the timing of the new car or when it will be revealed. But it's expected to debut as a 2014 model and could be out sometime next year.

Full Story: GM Ky. plant gears up for newest Corvette | The Detroit News | detroitnews.com

Can't remember if I posted this all ready but several weeks ago I was at suprise birthday party for one of our clients and met a woman there that was from Bowling Green. I asked her if she by chance worked at the Corvette factory and she shook her head and said not but that she wished she did. She said there was a lot of excitement in BG about what Chevy was doing and the C7 in general so maybe we can expect some good things also....

A club member is doing a museum delivery of his 60th Anniversary Convertible on Friday, Sep 7. Since my wife has to work our son is going with me. I've been through the plant several times but this will be his first time to the plant and museum. He's pumped especially as I'm making him drive the whole way. His first time in a caravan of about 10 cars going and also lets the old man sleep on the way down! ;)

Ron
"Baldie88"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom