Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Price Gouging: GM North America President Puts Dealers on Notice

Bradan Donaldson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
2004 Z06
corvette-market-adjustment-adm-sticker.jpg

A short time ago, GM North America President Steve Carlisle issued the following notice to dealers regarding market adjustments

With the introduction and continued demand for the C8 Corvette, it's been all roses for a lot of Chevy dealers looking to cash in on the feeding frenzy over the car.

With the all new 2023 Corvette Z06 set to enter production this summer, GM North America President, Steve Carlisle has now put those dealers on notice with the following statement:

I am on the wait for a 2022 (should be soon as I'm #57 as of Jan 17th 2022) and on the Z06 list (I hope I'm alive when my number comes up ... lol). This news from the GM pres is good to hear, although by having my deposit(s) with one of the best Corvette dealers, the idea of falling victim to any level of price gouging has never even entered my mind.

Last edited:
I know there a\ARE some Stealerships which engage in these unethical practices.....like the letter states, it casts a dark shadow on all dealerships and the brand.

yep total BS !! I would never buy anything that's marked up - I will pay invoice only!! I remember back in 08 some dealers were doing that for the pace cars and the 427 editions !! but not 1/4 more!! omg just not right

here was mine on the lot at Les Stanford, they are also gouging now!!

Attachments

• 0074_1.jpg
    0074_1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 137
Rick Hendrick In Charleston Sc. Wants a 10k over the list if you want to order 2022, and $25k over for a 2023 Z06. A Chevrolet dealer in Pawleys Island SC. Sale lady Kim said I can order the last one they can get a 2022 for $25k over the list. What a rip-off. I have bought corvettes starting with my first a 1969 orange stingray and have 4 other ones, and now have a 2014 C-7 and neve paid over the list. Thank God I am on Cris Croswell's list for a 2023 at the list. price.

Unfortunatel, I’m guessing Rick Hendricks is above the law in this respect. BS, but he’s a big dog when it comes to dealing with the General.

The fact of the matter is GM or any other manufacturer is not actually going to do anything to stop this. It’s good free advertising. Makes the cars seem more popular than they are. Creates a false reason for demand and it makes the dealers very happy. The chip shortage has worked out great for everyone but the consumer.

I hae had three corvettes in the past and currently have a 2019 grand sport. I went to JACK BURFORD CHEVROLET in Richmond Ky after seeing a ad on their website showing a 2022 with vin number at msrp of $ 94,265.00 only to learn after i got there price now had a line through it and new price of $ 119,265.00. As a loyal chevy and corvette owner why can they price gouge like this?

I hae had three corvettes in the past and currently have a 2019 grand sport. I went to JACK BURFORD CHEVROLET in Richmond Ky after seeing a ad on their website showing a 2022 with vin number at msrp of $ 94,265.00 only to learn after i got there price now had a line through it and new price of $ 119,265.00. As a loyal chevy and corvette owner why can they price gouge like this?

Because they can and GM lets them get away with it !
Remember its all about the money !

It’s free advertising.
Keeps the car in the news.
Creates false sense of demand.
Dealers make a huge profit and are happy.
It’s a win win for everyone except the consumer!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom