Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Racing threatens to leave ALMS for LMS 2007

Sure.

They've done things like this before and GM is not happy with the restrictions ALMS has placed on the Vette this year which has allowed the Aston Martin an advantage.

Besides, there is more competition in the LMS with Ferrari, Saleen and others in GT1.

The outcome of the race should be decided by the performance of the car and the ability of the driver, not by an advantage dictated by slanted rules. NHRA had a similar problem for years in Pro Stock, with different weight breaks, head configuration rules etc. etc.. They finally got smart, established a minimum weight and maximum engine displacement and never looked back. If you can not be competitive with your choosen car, then maybe you should look elsewhere, rather than depending on the rules committee to give you an edge.

I wouldn't blame GM if they did pull out. What the ALMS rules comittee has done for Aston Martin is rediculous.

The outcome of the race should be decided by the performance of the car and the ability of the driver, not by an advantage dictated by slanted rules. NHRA had a similar problem for years in Pro Stock, with different weight breaks, head configuration rules etc. etc.. They finally got smart, established a minimum weight and maximum engine displacement and never looked back. If you can not be competitive with your choosen car, then maybe you should look elsewhere, rather than depending on the rules committee to give you an edge.

NASCAR ought to do the same thing!!!

pull out

They should pull out and go to LMS.These rules are utterly rediculous!!!Screw ALMS.There dozens of times I wish I pulled out,but didn't...oh wait,we're talking car racing here...:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom