Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette radio swap?

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
The radio in my 90 only runs to 104.0 on the FM scale. On my 93 it went to about 107.5 (if I remember right).

Anyone know if it's possible to put a 93 radio in my 90 or if it's possible to have my existing radio re-tuned?

I know that the radios in a 90 and 93 are located in different areas in the car but does anyone know if they are the same size and if they are secured in the same way?

Thanks folks.

Really confused about this

The DASH unit is in the same location... are you refering to the BRAIN BOX either under the pass side dash..on in the back storage compartment?

I believe that the 2 are interchangeable...

they will just live in different physical locations.

And the tuning issue... is there's a EURO version a Japaneese version and a US version.

How FM broadcast is done in the UK. I have NO idea..( as fas as frequency allocations )

But the US model does go to 107.5

Vig!

Corvette radio

Hi again Vig, yes I mean the seperate unit that lives under the passenger side dash on my car.

I need a unit that tunes in as far as 107.5 as mine stops at 104.0.

I'm guessing that after 90 a change was made that allowed higher frequencies (?) I can't remember what my 84 stereo went to but I know it only tuned into odd numbers , i.e. 95.7, 95.9... This used to drive me mad as loads of our channels are o even number frequencies.

It would probably be easier I guess to retunr my existing unit if that can be done?

P.S. Sounds like there's a lot of RED DWARF fans in the USA!

It's the Bolivian navy on manuvers!

I have ALL the Red Dwarf tapes...

Out SMEGGING tastic!

( pass the Pompadoms )

You need a USA box... that should fix the problemo.

Vig!

Red Dwarf is a cool show, but what I have started watching on BBC is Ground Force. One of the hosts has, well you need to watch it. O ya they work on yards I think.

Malc350 are you missing alot of stations in the higher freqs. Does the UK have different freq ranges then the US?

Corvette radio

No, it's a banana

Better seek out a US box. My car's a Euro car so maybe they put a few cheapo bits in.

Hasta La Vista

Message for Tom

Yeah, ironically a lot of the stations I listen to are higher than 104.0.

Maybe I should just listen to the engine.

I toast

There for I am.........

So ( a daft question ) how do you listen to stations higher than 104.... if you radio wont tune past 104...... Are you hetrodying the local oscilators against the turbo turbines?

Would anyone like a ham & cheese bramble?

( Vig get's a bit...noodle doodle at times)

Yes get a good Ol AMERICAN tuna box!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom