Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

corvette rank

J

justafamilyman

Hello Members, et. al.,
Everyone loves "flying " their Vettes. Well, here's a crazy idea: rank youself in Corvette ownership and experience. The following is an example. Please chime in with tweeking.
Active Duty: daily driver. I would be here. I drive it when I can.
Reservist: only sunny days and special events. Proms, anniversaries, birthdays are considered special events.
Ensign: 1st Vette ownership and driven for not many miles. I would be here since this is my 1st Vette and presently have < 2800 miles on it.
Lieutenant: either 2nd- 3rd Vette ownership or many years of ownership or many miles driven.
Commander: own many Vettes - either have many years of ownership or have driven many miles.
Captain: own many Vettes and have driven many miles.
How would you rank yourself?
I know how my wife would rank me, but this is -not- Opra nor Montel.

Lieutenant here. I've owned two vettes since about 1984. The first was a driver (when it wasn't in the shop). My current vette keeps my lawn mower happy most of the time, but still gets driven.

I'm actually glad I don't commute in a Vette. I'm usually doing 85 in my oldsmobile. . . :D

what would cadet be???

owned two or more corvettes...years of experience with the car.. have the corvette in your possession, but due to circumstances beyond your control, you cannot drive it except maybe twice a month... :cry :cry

if so, then i am a cadet...

Geof

...there are 70 days until graduation

Lieutenant:second Vette...driven thousands of miles in both. First a "66" now a "2001"

Lieutenant here........first was a 77 Vette and now the 88.........Drive the Vette when I can.....Drive the Cruiser more than any other......12 hour work days.......:( I would like to have Vette for a police cruiser......but don't really think that would ever happen.....

Lieutenant here as my signature will bare. :w :pat

secound vette ,working on a third.If finance allowed and a place to store them I would have many more,
I never liked vettes untill I went for a ride in a 67 big block coupe with side pipes I purchased my 66 with in two weeks of that ride.And then some how I caught the C5 bug.My C5 and C2 are not every day cars they are just weekend cars.I really would never want to use them evry day it would take the special feel of them away.

I dont know how to describe it but it like driving a new car when I get back into it

I've had three vettes. I currently have two..both of which are weekend/fairweather cars.

I would fall into the Lieutenant group.

I wave...do you?

:w

I guess I'm an "Ensign." This is my first Vette and I only drive it on perfect, weekend days.:v

What am I?

I owned a 1977 yellow Corvette. I bought it new but then I got married and had two great kids. For the last 22 years I drove Mini Vans. In 2002, I bought one of the last Trans Ams. A Pewter WS6. Last Week I broke down and finally got my vette back. I purchased a 2003 silver coupe. I still have the Trans Am but not sure how long I'll keep it . I havn't looked at it for the past week...I have a new love!!!

Re: What am I?

Robotfixer said:
I owned a 1977 yellow Corvette. I bought it new but then I got married and had two great kids. For the last 22 years I drove Mini Vans. In 2002, I bought one of the last Trans Ams. A Pewter WS6. Last Week I broke down and finally got my vette back. I purchased a 2003 silver coupe. I still have the Trans Am but not sure how long I'll keep it . I havn't looked at it for the past week...I have a new love!!!

Congratulations and welcome to the Corvette Action Center! :)

I'll let you decide.......

I've had my '67 L-71 since new. Street driven for many years; road-course and autocross racing; rallyes; and now in the second half of a body off upgrade of suspension, drivetrain, etc. and "complete" rebuild.

Like I said.......you decide.
:D

Congratulations Robotfixer on your new love :D Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.......Park your Vette over there by that Blue Stang and come on in and stay awhile.......Maybe even post a few......:m

Hi Gang.... or should I say fellow flyers,
To Geof180 - Lt. grade material. Although you don't drive it "all the tine", you drive when you can. Your Yrs of driving and number of Vettes get you up in rank.
To Tripleblack51 - glad to see a reservist in there keeping up the Vette moral. Nothing wrong with a fair weather driver.
To Daryllawman - I'm thanking my stars. It keeps the playing field lever. Glad to see another active duty flyer. Don't forget to wave before amd after giving the ticket : ) : ) : ).
To Robotfixer - welcome back to the party.
To 67HEAVEN - hi Ensign, active duty is great. Especially in a classic model.
I hope the female contingency doesn't feel left out. Rank knows no gender. Jump in girls and join in.

woo hoo!!! Lt!!! no more cadet status!! :)

how many days until geof becomes a real life Lt?? what is it now...69 days....??

hmm... i guess this makes me the underage dude that wants to join the vette military but cant, but will when he gets older?

Daryllawman said:
Lieutenant here........first was a 77 Vette and now the 88.........Drive the Vette when I can.....Drive the Cruiser more than any other......12 hour work days.......:( I would like to have Vette for a police cruiser......but don't really think that would ever happen.....
:CAC Guess I'm an Ensign,1st Vette but has 98,000 miles(original) Never goes out in the rain,weekend driver or to Corvette events:Steer Hey Lawman, move to California I hear they have Vette cruisers out there unmarked:_rock :pat :pat

Hi Justin cv87,
Ths is like a story your grandpa would tell, but this one is real:
This happened when I brought the Vette (never call it a "car") home. My daughter had her lerners permit for a few month and in a driver's ed course. I took her to a local school with a large parking lot. I parked the Vette at one end. Got her behind the wheel. I told her to "floor it, count to 4, then stop". The good news is she was hesitant and asking "Are you sure?" alot. After calming her down, she did what I asked her to do. It was like a MasterCard commercial: 2003 Corvette: $48,000.00; daughter's lerners permit: $55.00; look on her face after WOT: priceless. That's the first part. The second part follows- my son (13yo at the time) had been "complaining" that other kids dads were letting them drive the car out of the garage and down the drive way. Ok, I took him to the same school parking lot, set up the Vette at one end, got him behind the wheel. The only difference with him was he was to count to 3. Aafter that he was shaking. And has -not- complained about driving down the drive way.
Even as a passenger, you too can wave to other Corvettes. And the driver didn't even take his/her hands off the steering wheel.

hehe, if someone told me to floor a vette, i would drop what i was doing and just floor it :D :bu

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom