Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Registry information

parolla

Corvette
1973 454 4 speed roadster
I recently provided C3 Corvette Registry with my vin,history,options,etc and found when I returned to our vehicles site on the registry,they posted that with the options on our vehicle it is a one of. The Canadian registry has already informed us that it is a minimum 1 in 20 imported into Canada.I emailed the C3 Registry to confirm the 1 of designation and they did not respond.Can I put any stock in the Registry saying that our vette is the only one built in ‘73 with its options?The “1cars” that they posted on our site has us very curious. Is their word “gospel”, or is the site just creating discussion? Thanks Parolla

I recently provided C3 Corvette Registry with my vin,history,options,etc and found when I returned to our vehicles site on the registry,they posted that with the options on our vehicle it is a one of. The Canadian registry has already informed us that it is a minimum 1 in 20 imported into Canada.I emailed the C3 Registry to confirm the 1 of designation and they did not respond.Can I put any stock in the Registry saying that our vette is the only one built in ‘73 with its options?The “1cars” that they posted on our site has us very curious. Is their word “gospel”, or is the site just creating discussion? Thanks Parolla

The Corvette Registry has no idea which cars were built with with which options nor does. any other individual or organization. Anybody that states that your car is one of 20 or one of one or one of whatever is pulling the number out of the air vs. based on actual knowledge. GM kept records of total number of options sold but kept no information on combination of options on given cars. I also have a 73 that was built for the Canadian market. And there are no combination of options I know of that would make it particularly rare. Probably the rarest Corvettes are ones that were built with no options at all, but there are no stats on those either.
What option does your car have that makes you think it's rare?

To my knowledge C3 Registry uses the information from the Corvette Black Book. They list RPO #, Quantity and Retail cost. This is the book most corvette owners quote. So if you have Tank Sticker / Manifest sheet, you would know what options the car came with. They use the RPO quantity and turn that into a percentage built with those options. Then they come to their conclusion from a percentage of cars built. Hence .0005% would equal 1 car of 30464 cars built with those options. Paint numbers were not recorded for 1973

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom