Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Resto-mods - Yes or No

What's your view or thoughts about Corvette Resto-mod?

• Total voters
1 Fine '69

vemp_1205_005_1969_chevy_corvette_refined_'69_.jpg

vemp_1205_007_1969_chevy_corvette_refined_'69_.jpg

www.vette.com

Some cars were ment to be restored to factory spec....

Some aren't... but for the amount of cheese spent on these rides.. I think it would be safe to say just about any of these cars COULD be put back to stock, they wouldn't be original or survivors...
If you have a barn find.... that's been stripped to be a 70's race car ( read original parts missing ) .. and no tracable history a resto-mod is a good way to go...

For all the NCRS guys.. all this will do is make the value of your original car go up.. it's a win win.. I'm faced with the same dilema now.. my 64 will never be an NCRS contender.. so I will lean the other way and install better brakes & better engine... but any weird parts ( EG 63 cluster ) will be traded in to J&D Corvette for someone who needs just that piece for their NCRS car....

These cars are a hobby, for most of us.. ( ok, ok addiction, obsession, etc ) and in hobbies like art forms, so of us paint in water colors, some in oils, some on side's of buildings with spray cans,, to each their own... it's all good!

I vote YES for Resto-mods ! :thumb

Mike

They look pretty cool, and its nice to know if you got it at a BJ auction - the same paid shills that bid the prices up when you bought the the car will be there next year when you sell it.

If you really have proof of paid shills running up the prices of car at ANY auction, I assume you have reported it to law enforcement. Making that accusation without proof in a public setting is libellous, aside from being the wrong thing to do.

If you really have proof of paid shills running up the prices of car at ANY auction, I assume you have reported it to law enforcement. Making that accusation without proof in a public setting is libellous, aside from being the wrong thing to do.

If you read the contract with them, they can run it up themselves to the reserve. No harm no foul I guess.

i10fwy

'63

1204phr-15-z+goodguys-del-mar-phr-street-machine-autocross+.jpg

Mark Rife’s split-window ’63 Corvette was featured on the cover of last month’s issue. Rife has owned it since 1972, and he’s road raced and autocrossed it almost continuously since then. Rife also won the PHR jacket at our Indy event, and was just edged out in Del Mar by Mary Pozzi. The ’63 features an LS7 crate motor, Tremec five-speed, and suspension from a ’96 Corvette.

www.phr.com

'67

vemp_1210_07_1967_chevy_corvette_stingray_righteous_restomod_.jpg

vemp_1210_03_1967_chevy_corvette_stingray_righteous_restomod_.jpg

vemp_1210_02_1967_chevy_corvette_stingray_righteous_restomod_.jpg

It sounds so simple: Take a less-than-perfect vintage Corvette; add later- generation power, chassis, and cabin features; finish in an eye-catching color; and then drive vigorously.

www.vetteweb.com

They look pretty cool, and its nice to know if you got it at a BJ auction - the same paid shills that bid the prices up when you bought the the car will be there next year when you sell it.
Really liked your home page good info on the C4 tricks. Thanks Ron G.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom