Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Resto-mods - Yes or No

What's your view or thoughts about Corvette Resto-mod?

• Total voters
I voted ,"yes". I remember a quote from Samuel L. Jackson when he was asked why act in the new chapters of Star Wars? And I am paraphrasing here, but he said,'It is not Hamlet...you know? It is not Hamlet!' And what he meant was that hey, why not? It is a job, and it is as an actor, and he just loves to act.

Not all Corvettes were destined to be the coveted model. For example, take any C3 model from 1976 - 1982. Thousends were sold, and very few were limited or special in some original fashion as marketed by GM. A restomod could really make that corvette a nice piece of machinery for fun, collecting, or just to invest in.

Naturally, I would just have a restomod done on a Vette if her original identity is lost (engine, tranny, or even accesories). Otherwise, the sky is the limit. ;)

GerryLP:cool
Kinda with Gerry on that one, i voted Who cares.. Seemed the most fitting of: To each their own. Most of our cars are resto's anyway, after 32 years, there is parts in my car NOT from the factory :ugh:L and the paint job isnt quite what Chevy put on there originally.. (/Sarcasm!)..

But in these cases above: If thats what you want, sure, why not. Though i am NOT a fan of shredding an original, with all parts, car. If it was a shell before, why not do something with it.. They sure as hell look like fun.

:w
Stefan

Best of everything, giddy-up...

1406-1967-chevrolet-corvette-the-third-degree-interior-racing-seatbelts.jpg

1967-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-front-quarter-view.jpg

1406-1967-chevrolet-corvette-the-third-degree-engine-view.jpg

Though everything looks rosy here, the body modifications were major. To fit the SRIII chassis, the car was literally cut in half and the rear tub was rebuilt around those components.

www.chp.com

Black beauty...

1960-chevrolet-corvette-passenger-side-view.jpg

The term “restomod” gets thrown around quite a bit these days, and the basic definition is to make an old car perform like a new one without destroying the vintage style. That's exactly what Maryville, Tennessee, resident Dwayne Gross accomplished with his '60 Corvette, but he never intended on taking it this far when he purchased the car in 2001.

1960 - Time For Change

The term “restomod” gets thrown around quite a bit these days, and the basic definition is to make an old car perform like a new one without destroying the vintage style. That's exactly what Maryville, Tennessee, resident Dwayne Gross accomplished with his '60 Corvette, but he never intended on taking it this far when he purchased the car in 2001.

1960 - Time For Change

Excellent statement and the term resto-mod has a few definitions; the first you mentioned. Another definition begins with a tube chassis and although it looks like a Corvette; but nothing is Corvette.

In their place, I can appreciate both.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom