Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Scam On Autotrader?

JBHAMC40

is there anyway to run this vin 1G1YY26E665109240 other than a carfax to find out any info on this car? I know ford has the oasis report didnt know if chevrolet or any members had access to something like this. Something seems fishy about this car and the emails im getting like this one below They only want 30k for this z06 and she sent pics I think its a bunch of crap I cant get this car to pull up on the N.C.I.C. computer here at the PD

Hello ,

I attached the pictures to this e-mail. Here is the VIN: 1G1YY26E665109240
I want to tell you that I am not selling this vehicle for profit or due to lack of money. All I can say is that some recent events in my life made me change my perception of certain things, things I've considered important in the past. I will donate all money to charity after I sell this car. I am currently on a trip for UNICEF in Central Asia in the Sichuan province, in China (where the big earthquake has struck in August) and I don't have access to satellite phone so I'd prefer to continue our conversation through e-mail. You know, they don't send us in big cities in the world or civilized countries. There aren't so many children in need there. Even the internet I have (Direct Satellite Internet) it costs me 25$ per hour. I would love to make a phone call and sort everything out instead of exchanging emails back and forth but currently we don't have access to satellite phone even paid! The car is in Idaho, in a sealed container, ready to be shipped. Because my work requires a lot of traveling, I made sure that the car is ready to be shipped as soon as I find a buyer for it. The price already includes the shipping fees.
The transaction will be made through eBay for the safety of both of us and because a company needs to be used for a charity sale. I've already included the car into eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection, so I will sell it only through this program because it is the safest way to complete a online sale. This way, you will be able to inspect the vehicle before any money reach me and on the other hand I am sure I have a serious buyer.
Here is how the process works:

- you give me your shipping address so I start the transaction on eBay Motors and then to use it for shipping
- they review and accept our transaction and provide you with the payment instructions,
- you make the payment to eBay Motors VPP,
- they give me the confirmation that they received your payment to them and I start the shipping,
- you receive the vehicle and inspect it,
- you tell them that you want to keep the vehicle and only then they send the money to me.

All car's documents are in the glovebox and you'll receive them along with the car. This includes the title, all service records, original manuals and a bill of sale. The title and the bill of sale are signed by me, all you have to do is to put your name on them and the agreed amount on the bill of sale. You will need the full service records so you can transfer the remaining warranty under your name.
eBay Motors will hold the money until the car is delivered to you. As I said you will have 5 business days for inspection. If the car is not like described you will have to ship it back at the end of the 5 business days on my expense and have your money back from eBay Motors VPP. But I am sure this will not be the case and you will love it.

In order to move forward I will need your full name and shipping address.

eBay will get in touch with you with further details and instructions.
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Rebecca

To me it sounds like a scam.
And eBay would be very interested in knowing that someone is using their name for fraudulent activities.
I'd contact eBay and share this email.

It could be legit, but i wouldn't risk $30K on it.

It sounds too good to be true and you know what they usually say about those kind of deals. ;)

But... I'd contact eBay and check to see if her statements are true. That should be easy enough and if anything is contrary to her claims, or eBay is aware of a scam of this type, then you can run the other way and you'll hopefully have prevented someone else from falling in a trap.

If everything she claims IS true and part of a buyer/seller protection program, then what have you got to lose?

Please let us know how it turns out.
:wJane Ann

if ypu ran it through ncic and nothing comes up you would assume it isnt stolen at least.... i mean sure it sounds like BS to me, maybe if i were a rich man i would risk it, but im not so i wont...... who knows maybe shes renouncing all her posesions and moving into a tree in the rainforest and has no need for a 2006 Z06..... i would like to gfet in touch with her and see if she wants to bypass the red tape and just donate it to my favorite charity......ME!!

a quick search just of the vin came up with some info.. not much
http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/pdf.pdf?mode=window&id=75177&d_id=1186

Auto & Truck Exchange, Used Cars and Trucks, Las Vegas Nevada and Atlanta Georgia

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/pdf.pdf?mode=new_window&id=75177&d_id=1186

;LOL;LOL;LOLI see olé Rebecca is at it again!!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie
Shes tried to scam more people on Corvettes from South Florida to Las Vegas than there is Gross National product!!!:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

It's Definitely a Scam!!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

Shes tried to scam more people on Corvettes from South Florida to Las Vegas than there is Gross National product!!!:chuckle:chuckle:chuckle

All kidding aside, Jesse, do I understand that you're aware of this individual and "she" is running a scam and has run this scam before?

All kidding aside, Jesse, do I understand that you're aware of this individual and "she" is running a scam and has run this scam before?

Yes,I've actually had a individual that go's by the name "Rebecca" that has tried this with one of my cars,never ever thought about it until I was looking for inventory and fond my own car listed on e-bay my photos and all for half what I paid for it!! (Guess I should have waited and bought it from them!!):boogie:boogie:boogieThats why I no longer post the Vin #'s on my sight!!:thumb:thumb:thumb

I run a Vin check on every 1 of the vehicles that I resale!! And if I have a bonifide buyer,that will call me or come look at the vehicle there welcome to see a copy!!

1.AutoCheck
2.CarFax
3.GM or Ford
4.NC DMV.......... My DMV Inspector has found things,that were never reported to CarFax or AutoCheck!!:thumb
And I've found AutoCheck more accurate in most cases than CarFax in the past!!

if ypu ran it through ncic and nothing comes up you would assume it isnt stolen at least.... i mean sure it sounds like BS to me, maybe if i were a rich man i would risk it, but im not so i wont...... who knows maybe shes renouncing all her posesions and moving into a tree in the rainforest and has no need for a 2006 Z06..... i would like to gfet in touch with her and see if she wants to bypass the red tape and just donate it to my favorite charity......ME!!

a quick search just of the vin came up with some info.. not much
http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/pdf.pdf?mode=window&id=75177&d_id=1186

Auto & Truck Exchange, Used Cars and Trucks, Las Vegas Nevada and Atlanta Georgia

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/pdf.pdf?mode=new_window&id=75177&d_id=1186

Kinda figured it was a scam to good to be true. those were the exact pictures she sent but the tag was blured out so I couldnt run it to get the vehicle infomation. I had the same thing on a ron fellows z06 #355 on autotrader and what do you know after looking two ads down I found the real #355 at a car dealership. The first red flag on this one is she told me it was in Mississippi (where I live) and now if on the other side of the US. Thanks for all the help guess Im just going to have to wait a little longer now

Yes,I've actually had a individual that go's by the name "Rebecca" that has tried this with one of my cars.......Thats why I no longer post the Vin #'s on my sight!!..........

I run a Vin check on every 1 of the vehicles that I resale!! And if I have a bonifide buyer,that will call me or come look at the vehicle there welcome to see a copy!!

1.AutoCheck
2.CarFax
3.GM or Ford
4.NC DMV.......... My DMV Inspector has found things,that were never reported to CarFax or AutoCheck!!:thumb
And I've found AutoCheck more accurate in most cases than CarFax in the past!!

Good to know!

Thanks for the info Jesse!! :w

She's still free and on the loose?? I kinda remember the story of the fraudulent stealerships she was running...I'd thought she was locked up...assuming this is the same one.

corvette scam

Sure looks like a scam to me. I have a Harley and have seen this several times poking around on Ebay. Bike offered for unreal low price. Seller wants you to contact them direct. Guess it is easier to cheat someone by offering a $15000 bike for $5000 than a $50000 corvette for $30000. - Bob

the title must be signed in the presence of a officer of the court like a justice of the peace or a notary to be legal

really... in ny a signed title is all you need to show ownership. no need for any witness or notary.....cars over a certain year you dont even need a bill of sale to make it yours.

SCAM!

When reading these long winded solicitations scan the grammar. It's one telltale. Also , if it seems too good to be true it is. Ask some of the clients of Bernard Madoff.
59-62USNVET

Here is the tip off:

Ebay Motors does not handle money or merchandise. At all or ever.

Sounds like one of those Nigerian scams, except a little more sophisticated ...

really... in ny a signed title is all you need to show ownership. no need for any witness or notary.....cars over a certain year you dont even need a bill of sale to make it yours.

All that depends entirely on the state statutes for the jurisdiction of the title. Some are really kinda nazi about title transfers.

Like several have said. Scam, and this trick has been around for awhile. I saw one of these "deals" on a 05 Honda Van, where the guy was in the military and wanted only $5K for the van. He got a deal on it since he was in the Army (yeah right) He e-mailed me telling me it was in a shipping container in WI in Government storage. I told him "hey I will save you shipping since I live in WI! I will just go there and get it and give your buddy the $$." Never heard from him again.

I did see a strange one on CL however. A 04 Volvo XC70 loaded and the person was asking $4450. They gave a list of options and just contact through CL. They posted several times with slightly different prices. I knew it was a scam, but I wonder what the guy was after since it was not the usuall "contact me only at blah, blah, blah @whatever .com. The only thing I can think of would be since CL uses anyonomus postings, that if you replied he would then have your e-mail and would then use that for other scams.

They are worse then our congressmen!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom