Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Summer Long C3 Hood

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I happen to have a line on a long style C3 hood with the freaky Corvette Summer scoops on top painted black.

Let me know if anybody is interested. It is $150. I don't have it, but my buddy called me last night asking if I knew anybody that would want it.

He bought it out of a "fire" sale where a shop was getting rid of tons of stuff. He has no use for it as he does not mess with Corvettes.

Here is what we can do. If you are interested, post right here on this thread. That way I can work from first come first serve. No PM emails or direct emails.

If needed, I will try to get a photo for you. Between now and then however, it is possible he will sell it to somebody else.

I'm not interested in buying, I'm just interested in what that "freaky" part is that you are talking about...hahaha....

Freaky

Well, if you saw the movie, you know what I mean. Just freaky looking scoops and vents.

It looks like I will need to get a pic. I may be out by his place tonight, will snap one, and load it up.

Oh THAT ugly thing? I just happened to see it in my Car And Driver this month. FUGLY!

The 80's had some definitely questionable styling concepts. The crazy color striping, funky hood scoops, I'm not even a big fan of the square headlights on the sharks... oh yeah, rear window louvers as well...

Speaking of hoods, I was looking at B&M's Corvette hood that they had on the Phase III models. It's the one that used a stock hood and mounted the '67 scoop onto it. I was thinking of maybe copying this, but the opening towards the front wouldn't be so great in keeping out debris and water. I guess you could use steel mesh for the debris, like leaves and bugs from getting into the engine bay. The water is another issue. Any ideas, Chris?

--Bullitt

CorvetteSummerCar.jpg

The scoops on the other side of the hood face rearward. ;)

_ken :w

Paint it black and it looks like a stage prop for KISS...

Bullitt,

I've thought about the same thing (Bladwin motion hood).

I'm glad you said what you did. It never crossed my mind that water(god forbid I get caught in the rain) would be washing my motor.:( Let alone debris.

But talk about forced air induction!

Rick

I wonder if you could use something like K&N's prefilter material. The stuff that wraps around your air filter. Of course that won't do anything about water.

Here is the deal. Just got back from visiting with him. The terms have changed somewhat.

First of all, Dang if this isn't and exact copy of the Corvette Summer Hood! I still can't believe it. I know that many fellow has gone to the end of the earth looking for one of these, and I happen to be looking straight at one.

He wants to sell two hoods. The Corvette Summer hood, and another long hood with a nice hole cut out of the center for a large engine.

First one here at $250 plus shipping gets both hoods. He wants me to broker them out as he has no time to fool with this. I will let it run here for a bit, then flip it out to our V-bay, or Ebay if no interest right here at the $250.

So, here are some pics.

Here is the modified hole with hood. It also has hinges and a prop rod still attached.

The Corvette Summer hood is constructed well. Here is a back shot showing the webing and framing.

I think that Corvette Summer hood looks great in black. I never liked the wild red/orange paint from the movie, but in black with ghost flames that might be killer. You'd need a phone book to sit on though. :L

Rick, thinking more about the B/M hood, it would have to stay closed up front for a car that might see rain. I just don't know of a way to keep water out unless a manually adjusted flap-door could be incorporated with a water seal. Something like the LS-6 Chevelles with the Cowl Induction hoods, but that's a little too over my head. I like the look though, as nearly everyone goes to the L-88 and the B/M style is seldom seen.

Here's pics of some B/M Vettes from the Supercar Registry.
--Bullitt

69myway

Looking at the pic it's hard to see the air vents, is it an exact replica of the corvette summer hood, if so it might be fun as a backup for the "74.

wamp '74

Wamp said:
69myway

Looking at the pic it's hard to see the air vents, is it an exact replica of the corvette summer hood, if so it might be fun as a backup for the "74.

wamp '74

I am as sure as I can possibly be without ever seeing the real CS hood in person. The vents on one side go one way, and they point another way on the other side. Only one side is actually open with screens in them, and the other side is just blocked off.

If you are interested, just let me know.

In all honesty, if this CS hood is a rare as I think it is, somebody out there would pay virtually anything to have it. That is what is so wild about this.

Actually Wamp, I was just comparing the hood with the picture Ken posted of the CS car. It looks like an exact mirror duplication. IN other words, it is just flip flop of the real one...or at least I think.

It appears the real one has the screens on the drive side, with one leaning back more and ducted into the first one. This hood has that on the passenger side, and screens on the passenger side.

Either way, it is some wild looking stuff.

I have that movie on video, so I am thinking about popping it in the VCR again and taking a look.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom