Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette "Used as a Weapon"

hzl6cm

Corvette
1970 Laguna Grey Convert., '04 Z06
Just saw a news report this morning about a driver being shot by police after using his Corvette as a weapon. The car was a late '70s or early '80s C3 (sorry I'm not that up on the later C3s to id it). It looked to be in good condition and was paint black over silver (the silver was around the bottom foot or so of the car) with factory alloy wheels. The driver tried to run over officers after they stopped him, they fired shots and then he stopped a few miles later, probably as a result of his wounds. The right front corner of the car was crunched, the windshield had bullet holes through it and the driver side window and rear window (in the "hatch") were shot out and the car was sitting in the middle of the street in the heavy rain with the door open. Sad for the car! They didn't say if the car was stolen or not - but the rain was not doing the interior any good. The story was on KNBC channel 9, I imagine they will have pictures later. I think their web site is Kansas City News, Kansas City, Missouri News, Weather, and Sports - KMBC Kansas City's Channel 9

Looks to be an 80+ C3. It's got the low nose and the hood is hood is late model C3.
Video direct link to vid.

It also looks like it has a Pace Car front spoiler on it. Didn't know they'd even fit the '80-'82 front end. Could be modified I guess.

Guess I should listen to the local news more.

I saw one news report where they stated that police tried to stop the car originally becuase the plates didn't match the vehicle - so I assume that the car was stolen from the Kansas City area.

I saw one news report where they stated that police tried to stop the car originally becuase the plates didn't match the vehicle - so I assume that the car was stolen from the Kansas City area.

I feel bad for the owner of it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom