Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette v Camaro

roger longman

Corvette
1977 c3 orange ! 1988 c4 kinda purple 1991 'race
I read that the new Camaro has 35 bhp more than the Corvette. Just doesn't seem 'right' to me. I'm wondering how others may feel about this......Roger.

The difference in less horsepower for the new Corvette will probably be corrected in a few weeks with the announcement of the Z06. :w

Allies

You refer to the Z/28? That's a hell of a nice ride! I don't think of these two as one Vs the other. They're allies in the Chevy camp. The enemy is anything with "cobra" on it.
You're right though, we eagerly await the next Z06, for sure!

No...I refer to the ZL1. One hell of a car but, I think a 'sports car' has two seats. Any more make it a 'GT car'. Also, the sports car should be faster, by definition, more powerful than its 'stablemate'........Roger.

Last edited:
My garage is home to both a C6 Z06 and a 2012 Camaro ZL1. Please remember that there is more than just base horsepower to compare. They are both animals. The ZL1 weighs in at 4120 lbs, about 1000 lbs more than my Z06. They are both track beasts. My Z06 is old, a 2006 and has many, many road track miles. The ZL1 no track miles, but I have driven a ZL1 on the road track and it is as advertised. Two very different cars for different people. I love them both. No gas guzzler tax on the Z06, a hefty gas guzzler tax on the ZL1. A more comfortable ride with mag suspension in the ZL1 and you can hold a conversation unlike my dear old Z06.

Just waiting a few days to see what the 2015 C7 Z06 will bring. Pretty sure that will join the ZL1 in my garage.

Janet

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom