Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Video: Corvette ZR1 vs Audi R8

I have to admit the Audi R8 is a nice car.....But I still like the ZR1 better and I'm sure 10 years of maintenance on the ZR1 is a whole lot cheaper than 10 years of maintenance on the R8.

He really has to work hard at not liking any Vette, doesn't he?

Most telling for me was his Vette comment "It's really FUN to drive". Duh. Seems why we own 'em, no?

Audi.. pretty and very techno, but expensive and not for longterm ownership unless you have LOTS of money to keep it nice.

I doubt audi owners wave at each other, either. :w

He really has to work hard at not liking any Vette, doesn't he?

Most telling for me was his Vette comment "It's really FUN to drive". Duh. Seems why we own 'em, no?

That's Jeremy Clarkson, for you. He's a master of the back-handed compliment. I've learned to stop taking his knocks on the Corvette personally- he treats all cars like that. He once got himself in a lot of trouble doing an episode where he reviewed a Mercedes S-Class and offered the observation that when you turn on the sat-nav, the German car finds Poland for you, so you can invade.

The theme of Clarkson's review here is that driving the Audi is something of a joyless experience. It technically does everything a supercar should do, but there's an element of fun about it that's been ratcheted down. The Corvette, by contrast, is (to use a word Clarkson would employ) 'mental.' And he means that as a compliment. Let's remember, he named the ZR-1 the car of the year in 2008.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom