Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cosmetic surgery

PAULIE B

Corvette
2007 sliver, 02 sold ,87 sold
My 02 is going in today to have the whole rear half of the car painted, up to the middle of the doors. I have the car two years now and the rear qtr panels are a different color. Someone must have had it painted and didn't use the right color paint. I didn't notice it when I bought the car. Noticed it a year later. It has been driving ME CRAZY:mad. A local corvette guy is doing it. All he does is vettes. It's more than the other body shop prices. I don't want to cheap out. I wanted to sell the car but can't the way it is. S o I am keeping it at least for the next few years. I will post before and after pics.
Thanks,
Paul :w

My 02 is going in today to have the whole rear half of the car painted, up to the middle of the doors. I have the car two years now and the rear qtr panels are a different color. Someone must have had it painted and didn't use the right color paint. I didn't notice it when I bought the car. Noticed it a year later. It has been driving ME CRAZY:mad. A local corvette guy is doing it. All he does is vettes. It's more than the other body shop prices. I don't want to cheap out. I wanted to sell the car but can't the way it is. S o I am keeping it at least for the next few years. I will post before and after pics.
Thanks,
Paul :w
Hardly any of them match panel to panel anymore,Just take a good look at a NEW Camaro!(They Really SUCK!) My 03 Spiral Grey didn't match from the factory,on a rack looking up you could see the primer through the paint from midway up down to the rockers,Hardly any paint on the rocker panels!~!:hb

Hey GM Junkie
It's really driving me nutz. I am embarrassed when I go to the local car shows! I want to hide the car in the corner.
I have to paint it. Should I not do it? :(
Thanks
Paul

I would repaint it...

Hey GM Junkie
It's really driving me nutz. I am embarrassed when I go to the local car shows! I want to hide the car in the corner.
I have to paint it. Should I not do it? :(
Thanks
Paul

Hey Paul,

I have a 69 Charger that I've owned for 8 years next month. It's always had some 'issues' that bothered me, but I lived with them. The longer I have the car, the more I despise having it. I got to the point where I cant stand to see it in the garage. So, my solution, I put it on ebay Wednesday, bought a C5 on Saturday, sold the Charger on Monday.

My advice is, if you like your car, put the paint job on it and enjoy it. If your don't like it, dump it and get one you do. I've spent 8 years with a car that I didn't trust to drive the 4 miles across town (literally). It's not worth the pain and aggravation to have something that isn't what you want.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

-Aaron

Hey Paul,

I have a 69 Charger that I've owned for 8 years next month. It's always had some 'issues' that bothered me, but I lived with them. The longer I have the car, the more I despise having it. I got to the point where I cant stand to see it in the garage. So, my solution, I put it on ebay Wednesday, bought a C5 on Saturday, sold the Charger on Monday.

My advice is, if you like your car, put the paint job on it and enjoy it. If your don't like it, dump it and get one you do. I've spent 8 years with a car that I didn't trust to drive the 4 miles across town (literally). It's not worth the pain and aggravation to have something that isn't what you want.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

-Aaron

Hey Aaron

I love the car. This is my second vette. The paint color is off. Nothing wrong with it. I can't afford a newer one now! I have to wait a few more years. So as we speak its in the body shop.
Tx
Paul

My vette is almost done!:happyanim: Should pick it up on Saturday!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom