Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cotton towels - good luck - now what?

longspur

Corvette
2001 Pewter convertible
Ok, I have officially given up on the 100% cotton towels for drying and waxing the car.

I am telling you, no where close to where I live are there any white made in the USA 100% cotton towels. My wife thinks I nuts and asks whats wrong with 100% cotton from India, brazil, mexico, eygpt, indonesia, etc. I look at her and say, I really have no idea but the guys on the forum say not good enough.

Now, I would like to find a good source for micro fibre drying and waxing towels.

Does parts source have a good towel or other department stores. Dont really want to mail order but will if no other choice.

Ok, I have officially given up on the 100% cotton towels for drying and waxing the car.

I am telling you, no where close to where I live are there any white made in the USA 100% cotton towels. My wife thinks I nuts and asks whats wrong with 100% cotton from India, brazil, mexico, eygpt, indonesia, etc. I look at her and say, I really have no idea but the guys on the forum say not good enough.

Now, I would like to find a good source for micro fibre drying and waxing towels.

Does parts source have a good towel or other department stores. Dont really want to mail order but will if no other choice.

I get mine in bundles of 14 at my Automotive Paint Supplier for about $10!!:thumbHave no idea where there made or what there made of,But they work Great!!

:beer

You have two choices, buy a leaf blower and air dry the car (recommended method by some professional detailers) and therefore not creatung any towel associated problems, or purchase quality micro fibre towels. I purchased mine form C-magic (on-line) and they work great. Jesse buys his in bulk and says they work great. I have found that cheap micro fibre towels don't work well at all, but good ones do. I believe that the "use american made 100% cotton towels" may have started with Sal Zaino and his great products. I did purchase quality white cotton towels several years ago and only use them for the corvettes. Wash them only with good soap without softeners, whiteners, or bleach.
Barrett

I understand ,women are strange critters :D Now 100% made in USA Cotton towels would be great except the reason you can't buy 'em in Canada is simple --We don't make 'em .Cannon was the last ,they sold to Fair-something and then closed .Towels labeled 100% cotton from third world countries are filled with bi-products and misc fibers .Your wise to shift to Micro.

Somewhere in the archives there is an excellent post on how to wash and detail .It's a little much for me but certainly the right way .

Personally I prefer to buy a new vett ,have Junkie take delivery for me .He drives it for 6 months running moonshine up in the Carolina ,Tennessee mountains .When I finally get the car he has it looking far better than factory.

Each person has a preference to wax polish but I like Ice products on gray cars .Ice has a paste that really works well .Looks like you might have spiral gray.

Best wishes and good luck :thumb

Adams, Maguires etc each have their own waffle pattern drying towels. which work good at absorbing water. Micro fibre towels are different..some are more plush than others. research and test...

I have some from Adams and some from Autogeek.net (some of their Cobra towels) I have Adams "Great White" drying towel Waffle Weave micro-fibre. Blow dry and then it doesn't take too much to finish up the drying with the towel.

Costco has the best deal in microfibre towels. They are in the auto/hardware department - a couple dozen for ten bucks. I've been using them for over five years. They also have waffle weave kitchen micros in the towell section.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom