Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Could you drive your Vette as a daily?

Could you drive your vette as a daily driver

• Yes

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • Only if I had to

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • No, I want to keep it pristine

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Have one for daily and one for special

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No, I don't want to get tired of it

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
O

olVetteGuy

I have never been able to drive my vette as a daily driver. How do others feel about it?

My 92 is my daily driver. The only time it isn't driven is in the snow and ice which is reasonably rare in OKC.

The 03 isn't a daily driver but it has 15,000 miles now - guess it gets a workout often enough.

I can't see having a car around that I can't drive.

I have a '97 Chevy Cavailer, this is my daily driver on most days (especially winter) and the Vette sits in the garage under her nice flannel cover. I see no reason why i have to subject the '76 to harsh winter weather and the salt that is so generously thrown upon the roads. I prefer to drive on the nice days when i can enjoy myself without spending lots of time cleaning and protecting it from nasty elements.

I drive mine from March till snowfall I have other cars/trucks to drive also,but for most I drive the Vette. My truck broke down 2 weeks ago and I put the skinny tires on my Vette just in case I had to get somewhere and couldn't get a ride.
I am counting the days till march, I need a power fix
:bu

olVetteGuy said:
I have never been able to drive my vette as a daily driver. How do others feel about it?
I I couldn't stand to drive it every day. I like to have something to look forward to. I have to drive a company van for work, which is actually more practical. I have other cars but I still wouldn't want to drive my vette as a daily.

A vette is made to drive as far as I'm concerned. Ice and snow is a different story, tho. :Steer

A day w/o my vettes is like a day w/o sunshine.

220K ON MY 86 AND 110K ON MY 99

Mine only sees the great outdoors on nice days. I couldn’t use it as a daily driver since I wouldn’t want it to become a grocery getter; shopping cart target; utility hauler; snow mobile; gravel road missile; or kid carrier.

Its my daily driver for the next few months....

Then I will get a beater!

As I voted, (Only If I Had Too) but during the spring time and all thru summer I use it as a daily driver. The rest of the time my 93 Suburban in the winter and fall

:beer

I could, but hauling things from Home Depot/Lowes would make things a little cramped. I have a Toyota Pickup, which is what I drive to work and to fetch the grits and project materials.

I do drive it two or three times a week, mostly to church and out in the country a little.

I have recently relocated to SC, and I have a couple of minor cosmetic and performance projects for the vette, as well as many honey-do projects for the house, I'm going to have to prioritize assets and time, (I'm not the young pup I used to be).

I use it primarily from Mid March til the first salt & sand hits the New England roads; but even then, it is not a daily driver. It then gets a wash/wax, battery tender, care cover, towels in exhaust, moth balls, and a long winters nap. It is great to unveil her after 3 months!

Come on spring...:Steer

I drive my '96 LT-4 6spd every day. In Louisiana I don't have snow and ice issues, just have to watch out for heavy rainfall events.

"Even on a bad day at work I can have 20 minutes of fun going and another 20 minutes of fun coming home"!

could you drive your Vette as a daily?

Yes, and I believe they are meant to be driven............ but I too pick my days.

Like most vette owners up North, I am a fair weather driver. I suppose I could driver it everyday but the gas/fuel expense would be outrageous. Besides it gives me something to look forward to. Steve

I bought it as a daily driver, but mostly keep it for Fridays and weekends so far. I only drive 3.5 miles to work, which just barely gets the engine to operating temperature. Plus I like my other vehicles too.
Bruce

If the driveway is too iced for the vette to get out I use the van. Otherwise, I waited too long for my dream not to drive it every chance I get. As long as the streets are dry I'm enjoying it. It was fine in icy, snowy parking lots too, (though not my wish for it) but my driveway is slanted towards the garage. I could salt the drive, but figure that's God's way of telling me to be cautious.

People go out of their way to tell me "don't let anyone tell you it can't be driven in the snow!" One such man at the vette shop said he had owned one of each series and always drove in snow.

Of course I understand it would be very different if mine were an older model that needed more TLC. If I ever get the black '69 I always wanted I probably wouldn't want it in the snow.

My song was Dream On, like yeah right I'd never get a vette, now it's Dream On...dream until your dreams come true! Does anyone else talk to their vette & reassure it that you haven't forgotten it or is that just first year/new owner behavior!!!!!!! I've been without it for 2 weeks now and really need a fix!

P.S. I don't understand those that don't want to get tired of it or want to keep it pristine. You could die tomorrow or be told you have a short time to live!!! My motto has always been Life is Too Short Go For It. Is it just a different mind set where you think of it like a fragile figurine & don't think of it as a car?
:confused

If you don't drive it someone else will be enjoying it when you are gone because you certainly can't take it with you. Well there is the man who was buried in his...not a bad idea since they charge about as much for a casket. I know a man who was told he had incurable cancer and immediately bought a vette because that's the one thing he had always wanted. It was sad he only had 6 months with it.

I thought as long as you take good care of any car it will last. My aunt had a black & white Dodge for just over 40 years, daily driver (only car), that she really babied because she loved cars and it was just as pristine when she finally sold it. She lived in Orlando so maybe the weather had something to do with it's longevity.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom