Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Could you drive your Vette as a daily?

• Thread starter Thread starter olVetteGuy
  • Start date Start date

Could you drive your vette as a daily driver

• Yes

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • Only if I had to

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • No, I want to keep it pristine

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Have one for daily and one for special

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No, I don't want to get tired of it

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi all
I drive mine daily during the summer/spring /fall/ ...she gets stored in the winter and gets started weekly just to keep the fluids from freezing up..and to check for problems...cmon summer LOLOLOL!!!! sherry:)

The 97 has 72k plus miles. Not only is it driven daily but...

(small children should leave the room now!)

It stays outside!!!

The problems of having two Corvettes and a one car garage..oh my...

I voted no wanted to keep her pristine but that's not strictly true. I don't take her out after salt season starts but before I retired used her 2-3 times for work. I show her with the club so do try not to get her too dirty if I don't have to. Bought her last August and the wife and I took her to Indy for the USGP. Rained all the way out and half the way back. Took 2 days to clean her up.

History:
First vette 1972 coupe bought in 1973. Only car owned so driven daily even had snow tyres for winter.

Next 1961 running but needed restoring. Again only car owned had snow tyres for her too. After about a year bought a second car for daily transport

Third 1975 coupe. One more time only car, daily, snow tyres.

Morgan

All of my Vettes just like all of my motos have been daily drivers. I own them, they do not own me.
Most days I drive the Vette to the track in the morning and do my running around to the bank, accountant, etc., on the ST-1100. If I need to go to Seville, a 120 mile round trip, the GoldWing goes unless I am in a hurry, then it is the Vette or the R1. Since we sold the Tahoe any heavy hauling or trailer pulling is done by the TLC rock-climber powered by a 300HP SBC while lighter fetching is carried out by the Mahri, a plastic, jeep like thing with a 2 cylinder 27 HP motor. When it is time to come home I always take the Vette.
Some parts of the Vette including the speedometer have 123K on them. The motor is coming up on 5000 miles and the rest of the drive train has about 25K. No major part has ever been replaced because it was worn out. Every part that has been removed for an up-grade has found a new home in another car!!

[/QUOTE]I drive my 84 as often as humanly possible up here in NH. As long as the roads are not snow or ice covered I'l take her out. I enjoy every second in that car.

MoeJr: What two weeks of the year do you drive it then?? ( Just Kidding!)

Randy

Drive Her Everyday!!!

Used to drive her only on weekends and sunny days. Had nothing but problems!!!

Ever since she has been a daily driver ... she runs great and very few problems!!!!

Couldn't imagine not driving her everyday!!!!

My Z06 IS my daily driver. It is the only car that I own. I drive it at times when I really should not, but it is only a few times per winter. Once in a while I catch a ride with somebody or borrow my girlfriend's car.

I had a crummy old pickup truck for a while, but I could never bring myself to drive it. I would go to the cars and be presented with the choice: crummy pickup or Corvette. I never chose the truck.

My 90 ZR-1 is my daily driver

Glad to see your post. I don't drive my '70 every day but I have a chance to buy a new 2004 at a good price but to do it I would have to trade in my 2001 Camaro SS which is a daily drive every day, snow, ice, rain, whatever and the '04 Vette would be driven the same way. I don't really have any problems with the Camaro on snow (it does better than my 2-wheel drive pickup even though everbody tells me you can't drive it in the winter) but I had been wonder how the Vette did since I drive 95 miles a day. Your weather in IL should be about the same as we have in MO.

Kevin

Poodle said:
If the driveway is too iced for the vette to get out I use the van. Otherwise, I waited too long for my dream not to drive it every chance I get. As long as the streets are dry I'm enjoying it. It was fine in icy, snowy parking lots too, (though not my wish for it) but my driveway is slanted towards the garage. I could salt the drive, but figure that's God's way of telling me to be cautious.

People go out of their way to tell me "don't let anyone tell you it can't be driven in the snow!" One such man at the vette shop said he had owned one of each series and always drove in snow.

Of course I understand it would be very different if mine were an older model that needed more TLC. If I ever get the black '69 I always wanted I probably wouldn't want it in the snow.

My song was Dream On, like yeah right I'd never get a vette, now it's Dream On...dream until your dreams come true! Does anyone else talk to their vette & reassure it that you haven't forgotten it or is that just first year/new owner behavior!!!!!!! I've been without it for 2 weeks now and really need a fix!

Hi Too All,
Up here in the land of ice and snow, we measure snow in -feet-. Needless to say the Vette is not a daily driver in the winter. It is now under 3 feet of snow......and that's after a "warming spell" (highs in the 30's). I have unofficially proclaimed April 1st as my "Get The Vette Out" day. Then it's daily driving until the 4-letter "s" word returns.
A Collective Corvette Peace To All.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

Daily Driver

Each morning when I go into the garage, I see the 1992 Corolla, and the 2001 coupe. Now that's a "no-brainer". I enjoy the 'Vette so much I don't care about the weather, so long as there is less than 3" snow on the road. Today was about -10°C or 15°F, but the roads were dry, the sun was out, and I gave it a very enjoyable little workout. The snow and ice is less of a problem than it was with my Mustang GTs, with stability control being a big help. Still, I'm desperate for Spring also...

attachment.php

Yo mellowyellow,
No wonder you drive the Vette more than me. You have less snow than me. It is days that you described that makes me pine for my Vette. In fact today (2/16/04) the roads are very clear and the prozac dose goes way up. There should be an international law: sunny days = vetts.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

For what it costs, it has to be a daily driver! Besides, it's much more fun to drive than to just look at. I bought a 2004 Torch Red A4 coupe on January 31. A week later I had to drive from Houston to Newport News, Va., with no license plates (only dealer's tag taped to back window) to help out one of my kids. We put on 1450 miles each way that week, plus local mileage around town. Now I've got somewhere around 5k miles. Very nice...

Magnetic Ride Control, 3.15 package, HUD, 1SB package - other than snow, why would anyone park it?

- Wisdom

olVetteGuy said:
I have never been able to drive my vette as a daily driver. How do others feel about it?
Ours is driven every day. It's an awesome car that rides drives handles flies and draws attention anywhere you go. Took a non-stop trip last summer from Edgefield SC to Daytona 6 1/2 hours. Not tired at all.:D :D

My 02 is a daily driver and I love it. No snow and ice on the west coast however.

I didn't get a chance to vote but my C5 is my daily also. I have a 94 Lincoln but as someone else posted when you go out and you have a choice the vette is taken 9 times out of 10.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom