Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Could you drive your Vette as a daily?

Could you drive your vette as a daily driver

• Yes

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • Only if I had to

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • No, I want to keep it pristine

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Have one for daily and one for special

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • No, I don't want to get tired of it

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I never drove my 1982 as a daily driver.

I never drove my 1985 as a daily driver.

I did not get anymore money for them being in pristine condition when I sold them.

So.... I drive my Z06 everyday rain or shine (with-in reason). I'm not getting any younger and I'm going to enjoy it all I can, while I can!
Gus

6 Shooter:
Are all those yours or just pretty pictures??

GusVette:

Right On!! You can't take money with you either! I keep telling myself, especially with the current series, it's still just a car, it's just plastic, and stop trying to fit it into the curio cabinet, ;) though I do keep it clean & at least use show shine every day (no, not when cold like this LOL).

Mine's not pristine it's a driver, but in New England I wouldn't want to drive it in the snow and salt. That would sure take it's toll in a hurry, so it not my daily driver.

I would drive my 63 SWC daily if I were not doing a frame on restoration and if it was the only car I owned. I enjoy driver all my cars and they each serve a different purpose. I feel for those of you in bad weather areas, my 63 is difficult enough to control in water let alone in the snow.
I would have to pass driving it during the winter if I lived in colder climates and stick with the 4x4.

daily driver

It's a qualified yes...

I won't drive it after they start salting the roads. I want this car to last.

I used to ride a Honda Valkyrie as a daily, even when the temps got down to 20 deg F, but once the salt is on the road, forget it. BTW, i sold the Valk because I was too dangerous on it. It was too handy to zoom around all you cagers in slowwwww traffic. Got the next best thing with a little protection around it, and believe it or not, I don't take as many chances with it, either.

Mikey

Daily Driver

My 96 LT-1 Coupe is a daily driver here in the western suburbs of Chicago. I have the luxury of working from my home so if there is any snow on the roads or they are wet, I don't venture out unless my wife is home with her car. If the roads are dry, I go, no matter what the temperature. I keep the car clean and enjoy driving it whenever I can. I had a 91 Vert. before the current coupe and did the same with that one. Got caught out a long way from home with that one a time or two when I could not beat the snow home. That car was a ***** in even the smallest amount of snow as it had no traction control, not fun. The cars are bought to be driven and that is what I do. Spring is right around the corner, I hope.:w

RJ

Daily

I use my 99 Vette every day as long as there is no snow or ice. I've been driving vettes since my first which was a 1969. Every one was a daily driver. I keep them clean and in perfect working order. Never had a problem with a trade in.

Daily Driver

I voted yes, because from March to November it is! Those other 4 months are the longest months EVER! But it's almost like having a new car when "spring" gets here!

I drive my 2003 Z51-auto coupe every day, even when it snows (as long as its less than 4 inches deep) ground clearance ya know. My prior car was a 6 speed 98 Pace Car, and saddly after 80,000 miles had to upgrade to the 2003. Luv 'em both. I bought mine to drive !
Lenexa (suburb of Kansas City) KS :)

Drive my 50th Annie everyday! Now at 20K miles.

Every single day. Of course we don't see a lot of snow or rain in Las Vegas. Life is no dress rehearsal. Live your life now, yesterday is gone and tomorrow isn't here yet. And besides, what is better than looking forward to driving a Vette on the way home from work or wherever.

Mines elgible for such treatment because I use to, but the damn wire wheels are a pain to keep clean. :L

I drive my 84 as often as humanly possible up here in NH. As long as the roads are not snow or ice covered I'l take her out. I enjoy every second in that car.

could you drive your Vette as a daily?

You bet I could........I am in sales and I drive about 45M miles a year. I rather rack up the miles and abuse on my 94 Mazda 929 and keep my Vette looking awsome!!!!

It IS my daily driver. I've put ~95k on it in ~5 yrs. Just put a new short block in and now will start on the next 100k.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom