Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

coupe vs convert.

• Thread starter Thread starter tlmarks
  • Start date Start date
I'm new to this. What does RPO mean? Does it mean it was/is a factory option?

Bill

RPO pertains to a factory option. I do not believe that the luggage rack was available on the vert after '93, but I do know it was not available on the 95. The racks are availabe from Ecklers for $200.

Luggage Rack

They are a pain to install straight and you have to drill the rear of the car. You may be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. We took our 95 from FL to Philly for a 5 day trip. A medium suitcase fits fine in the back with the top up. There's a little more room back there than you may think, depends on your luggage size. You will need to pack light if you want to take an extended trip in it. Good luck with your search.

Leon

Hi To All,
Just my $0.02. When I was younger looking for a car, I was leaning towards a convertable. A friend (major NASCAAR and Mopar) asked me if being cold in the winter was acceptable> Actually he phrased it in a way I could not post. But, the question made sense. Here in the Northeast (re Lake-effect) a convertable is not an option. However, during those warm summer nights I just pop the top off the coupe and volia a convertable. "Whoa, Harry, that's magic!" said Ron Weasley.
A Collective Peace To All.
Blue Borg Brian 1 of 58

I have had convertibles for the last 3 cars I owned. I used to live in Colorado and drove a vert as a daily driver....Never really had a problem with cold......I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas now, snow and ice storms, and I am still never cold. I actually drive my Vette before my 91 Landcruiser, due to the fact that my Vette heats up much quicker and the heater puts out the heat better.

I guess, it is all a matter of taste. I love the rest of the 8 months or so of nice weather. I used to own a Firebird with T-Tops, and IMO nothing comes close to a true convertible for those summer days and nights.........Save the Wave.

justafamilyman said:
Hi To All,
Just my $0.02. When I was younger looking for a car, I was leaning towards a convertable. A friend (major NASCAAR and Mopar) asked me if being cold in the winter was acceptable>

So far the coldest wether I've had my C4 convertible in is about 25F, but I didn't notice much difference between it and a regular hard top car.

Just to be clear, that was with the top up :D

I think the small volume inside a Corvette and a good fitting top with a head liner takes care of the old convertible problems.

Dick

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom