Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Courtesy light failure.

Redcap

Corvette
Torch Red 2000 fixed roof coupe.
I have a 2000 hard top. I found an unused, small two-wire female electrical connector in the trunk behind the carpet on the passenger side quarter panel. It has small orange and black wires leading into it. I wanted to install some LED lights back there and thought that this connector might be a good source of power for that. I wanted to see if it was hot so I got my mutimeter out and while attempting to put the probes into the connector momentarily crossed them. Unfortunately, I found that it was hot by seeing a small spark. I thought that I might have blown a fuse so I went to the inside electrical center. When I opened the door I noticed that the courtesy lights now did not work. I checked every fuse in both electrical centers with a multimeter but they all showed continuity. The diagram on the cover shows micro relay 42 marked ad "CTSY LP" which I assume means courtesy lamp. I pulled that relay and tested it. It functioned normally and I found continuity through it. What else could be the problem?

I have a 2000 hard top. I found an unused, small two-wire female electrical connector in the trunk behind the carpet on the passenger side quarter panel. It has small orange and black wires leading into it. I wanted to install some LED lights back there and thought that this connector might be a good source of power for that. I wanted to see if it was hot so I got my mutimeter out and while attempting to put the probes into the connector momentarily crossed them. Unfortunately, I found that it was hot by seeing a small spark. I thought that I might have blown a fuse so I went to the inside electrical center. When I opened the door I noticed that the courtesy lights now did not work. I checked every fuse in both electrical centers with a multimeter but they all showed continuity. The diagram on the cover shows micro relay 42 marked ad "CTSY LP" which I assume means courtesy lamp. I pulled that relay and tested it. It functioned normally and I found continuity through it. What else could be the problem?

You checked all the fuses (with the ignition on, engine off) under the hood and under the passenger side interior firewall with a test light and all the fuses had power on both side of the fuse pins?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom