Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cover seats or replace?

GiDvEtTe84

Corvette
1984 Cross-fire Corvette Coupe
Hey guys! I was looking for some seat covers in the common corvette catalogs and they are VERY exspensive, even without the foam. I was wondering if any of you guys have used an aftermarket racing seat with the harness slots?They will need to recline and tilt. I dont mind ditching the power drivers seat. I wanted to try to save a few bucks but I also dont want to look like a ricer. Thanks. :)

I put a set of these in mine:

newseats_01.JPG

However, they aren't going anywhere as far as sliding forward or back, but not only that, they squeezed the console area so much I had to cut the inside of the console in half to fit it back together. The top fit fine, but I just couldn't get the insides back together. :L

I paid something like $200 apiece for them I think. They are very comfortable and do hold you firmly in place. :upthumbs

Thanks. I think I will try to recover them instead. I dont want to "cut" anything. :)

I just did mine with the genuine leather replacments w/ foam.
I'm very happy with the fit and finish and wouldn't consider alternative styles.
It just wouldn't look right. Save up and invest in the covers with the seat foam
installed. Well worth the money.
corvette america is where I got mine.
Good luck

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom