Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cracked a t-top yesterday...

raybee

Corvette
1981 Dark Bronze 4 Speed
still kicking myself in the a$$.....ruined my weekend - what am I in for here in terms of difficulty in replacing as well as dollarsg? It's "blue" glass.....

I think, like paint the glass will also discolor after years and years. So maybe you're looking for a new set not just one.. :ugh

Greetings Peter

I've seen a couple of new sets sell recently - one set went for $950 and the second was a "move it down the road to a new owner" for $800. Corvette suppliers have them new for around $1000 to $1200 for a set. I've also seen sets on Craigslist for sale also, but no idea what kind of condition they were in. If you have glass breakage on your car, your insurance company will help take the sting out of replacing a roof.

the blue tops are available BUT they are rare,as they stopped making them in '81 e-bay is probably your best bet.....there are a few aftermarket one out there but good luck finding them....you will probably have to replace them with the 'smoke grey' tops from the later '81's
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone had experience w/ either one of these companies? I did speak w/ Harkema Motorsports(CorvetteTTops.com) - very helpful so far and is getting back to me about a single matching replacement top....I will be calling Melrose TTop tomorrow. So, if anyone has any feedback that would be great. Thanks, Ray

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom