Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cragar SS Wheels

• Thread starter Thread starter Vette66AirCoupe
  • Start date Start date
I think the cragars will only fit with drums on a c-1

Anyone running crager 15x6 with disc brakes in the front? I;m running mine with drums all around and biggest reason I don't want to switch to disc is I don't want to lose the cragars.. hate the idea of spacers? any thoughts?
2261vetttte.jpg

Soon..........

I have the front conversion kit still in the box. When I bought it I asked specifically if the Cragars would still fit and I was told by the maker of the kit yes they would. We'll see this winter if all goes right. He also said it's an hour and 15 minutes each side to convert with very little mechanical knowledge.

No personel experience, but It's my understanding the Cragers will not fit disc brake calipers without the spacers. This being the case, one would need to take the extra 1/2" offset of the spacers into consideration when ordering the 15x6 Cragers. The interference may be minimal, requiring very little grinding to clear the caliper. Likewise, most C1 front disc brake conversion kits add 1/2" to the cars front track width, so instead of the usual 3.75" backspacing (15x6 wheel), you'd order 4" to pull the rim back into the wheelwell. Not sure how rear disc kits effect rear track width, but you've got a little more "elbow" room back there anyway.

newbe60 said:
Anyone running crager 15x6 with disc brakes in the front? I;m running mine with drums all around and biggest reason I don't want to switch to disc is I don't want to lose the cragars.. hate the idea of spacers? any thoughts?

Interesting

Makes sense, which is why I asked before I bought the kit. I'm guessing your understanding comes from someone else's experience or a reliable source? I'd really like to know for sure before I start this so I can have the 62 in a mobile state when everything is bolted on and not that I have to wait a week on jack stands for the wheels to come in.
Thanks Viking

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom