Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Criticizing the Corvette

corvette addict

Corvette
2015 Z51 Black/Black
Do members here get upset when an owner says something bad about the Corvette? I have never seen that here. I have been a member a long time. Is the car above criticism? Just curious

corvette addict

No car is perfect and above some sort of criticism.

I have have been very critical of the transmission and engine overheating issues surrounding the C7 at even mild track day events. How could Chevy engineering not have encountered both situations in testing, especially at the Ring? More importantly, how can it be a World class sports car when it overheats doing what it was designed to do? (GM's answer - let it cool down) I also have criticized the ever increasing prices and special edition that consist of a few former dealer installed accessories a bunch of decals, and no substantial mods.

Customers should provide well thought out critical feedback to Chevy. Every time I go to an event attended by Corvette brass like Harlan, Corvette owners fawn over the cars and engineers instead of talking about what is good AND WHAT ISN'T. Any executive wants that feedback, with the possible exception of Tadge, who is frequently defensive and dismissive.

Criticism continued

I have have been very critical of the transmission and engine overheating issues surrounding the C7 at even mild track day events. How could Chevy engineering not have encountered both situations in testing, especially at the Ring? More importantly, how can it be a World class sports car when it overheats doing what it was designed to do? (GM's answer - let it cool down) I also have criticized the ever increasing prices and special edition that consist of a few former dealer installed accessories a bunch of decals, and no substantial mods.

Customers should provide well thought out critical feedback to Chevy. Every time I go to an event attended by Corvette brass like Harlan, Corvette owners fawn over the cars and engineers instead of talking about what is good AND WHAT ISN'T. Any executive wants that feedback, with the possible exception of Tadge, who is frequently defensive and dismissive.

Some folks act like the car is a son or daughter and can't stand for anyone to say something about these cars sighting "for the money" or "a mass produced car like this.." Maybe they think it criticizes them for buying something that costs money but isn't a smart buy. I don't know I have had 7 and will keep getting one when I can. I do have one heating question how hot on an interstate at 65-75 miles and hour should my 15 Z51 get assuming everything is ok. 190-195 this what I saw on my last little trip.
thanks

190-195 is well within operating temps...at least it is for my LS2. I've heard that cars are designed to run a bit warmer than we used to think of as "normal".

190-195 is fine. The old C4's used to climb as far as 230 before the electric fan kicked in. Used to scare the crap out of me in rush hour traffic!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom