Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Critter Proofing Summer and Winter

Craigi

Corvette
1982, 1993, 2004CE Coupes
I know this isn't the storage season, but since we use our Vettes all summer, the steel bodies stay outdoors mostly unused. I went to drive my truck the other day and no OD or torque converter lockup. Hmmm. Onto the hoist where I found some critter chewed up all the wiring on the harness to the transmission. In the winter, even with mouse poison put out, I end up with lots of green pellets in the engine compartment of the Vettes, but no damage, so far. Janet suggested that since we keep critters away from our plants with LIQUID FENCE (tm) spray, we should spray it around the tires of cars not being used to keep mices from crawing up and into the vehicles. So far, using it on the truck (tire tread and exposed underside wiring) has resolved the current problem. Maybe that will work for cars in winter storage, too. Smells like pee when you put it on, but the smell goes away - protection stays. My dog pees on only Fords, so only my Explorer gets year round, free protection
rofl.gif

My dog pees on only Fords, so only my Explorer gets year round, free protection
rofl.gif

:L ;LOL :L

Thanks for the info! Always good to learn of different ways of keeping little critters at bay.

B17Crew
:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom