Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cross fire injection vault, still around?

garyc4

Corvette
1984 two-tone bronze
a few years back I was getting a ton of info off of the cross fire injection vault site. been away from my corvette for a while, and now returning to it, but can't seem to find that site. did it fold?

Sorry, am late.. What else is new? :)

The first one Terry82 mentions didnt fold, but went to another hosting service and lost a bit of membership. Cant say how they are doing right now. But you can always ask here, too. :)

1984 crossfire injection

I'm having trouble with my car it's having rough idle and stalling, it has no check engine light. I just recently changed the vacuum lines and spark plugs but can't get it back to running great I'm almost ready to give up someone help please.

I'm having trouble with my car it's having rough idle and stalling, it has no check engine light. I just recently changed the vacuum lines and spark plugs but can't get it back to running great I'm almost ready to give up someone help please.
I would check the fuel pump first.you could have a vac leak .when you pulled the plugs how did they look ? Your problem could be as simple as the coil is going bad.I would also check how much gas you have .the little hose in the fuel tank can be bad and is sucking air.I hope that gives you some places to check.

if its running rich I would check the coolant sensor in the front by the waterpump.If the plugs are black you are getting fuel.too much .

after rereading your thread.If you did not have a problem before you replaced vac lines ,I would check them again.also what temp is the engine running?

I'm not sure what the temperature of the engine is the gauges are pretty shot I purchased the car and it was doing this so I have checked and replaced everything that everyone has told me to and I'm getting the same results as before it is making me believe that none of what I have replaced was the problem. It's always been my dream to have a vette but didn't know it was going to be this difficult to get it back to running great lol I'm up for the challenge but I've have done everything that I know to do but everything I read about the CFI says that they are tricky to work on

check thermostat .the engine has to be up to 180 .any colder and the computer will keep running rich.

I have checked the thermostat and it seems to be in proper working order I'm going to replace it anyways, but I've noticed that the manifolds coming off of the engine are glowing red when it gets up to temp what would cause this and could that be my problem?

I would check how much back pressure you have .your cat could be plugged.you can get a temp reading on the cat . if its the factory one its time to replace anyway.

I took the cat off and took the honey comb out of it, and re-installed it, it definitely made a difference but it's still glowing a little bit. And also it still having really rough idle and stalling :-/. Man this thing is taking me for a loop, I know it's gotta be something simple.

Quick question I have a IAC valve that is cracked at the thread base I know it needs replaced due to the crack in the metal my question is should I replace both of them just in case or just the one?

Or is it possible to relearn the ECM and if so could that be my problem and if so how exactly would I relearn the ECM I'm sorry if I sound stupid, this is an exciting learning experience for me and I just want to know every possible thing that this problem could be I'm willing to replace what ever I need. That's how much I a vette preferably at a low cost but if need be I will replace everything which I don't want to do.

Quick question I have a IAC valve that is cracked at the thread base I know it needs replaced due to the crack in the metal my question is should I replace both of them just in case or just the one?
If you are leaking air the car will not run right.The ecm relearn when you drive the car a couple of miles .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom