Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire fuel injection cleaning tips

Timbalero

Corvette
1995 Burgundy Coupe
I need some sugestions on how to clean the crossfire fuel injection system on my 84 vette. I will really appreciate any help that I can get. Thanks

There is really nothing to clean on the crossfire. If you start the car with the cover off, look at the two injectors. They should be spraying about the same. You should change the fuel filter (on the rail under the car near the passenger side door)...You can also clean the IAC (idle air control) and set the TPS (throttle Position sensor) The first thing you need is a Helms Manuel. Check out the crossfire website for all the settings.

http://www.crossfire.webhop.net/

Try a bottle of Redline fuel injector cleaner about every ten fill ups. Seems to work good in the 84 and the ZR-1. 84 CF 91 ZR-1

get a bottle of throttle body cleaner and spray it down pretty good if the flaps are sticking it will loosen them up and get all the buildup around the flaps cleaned up. only should be done before a tune up cause it will foul the plugs. as for the injectors i use STP concentrate on my 87 vette and my 82 CF Z/28. seems to work pretty good just check the vacuum lines that run into the throttle bodies for leaks while you got the aircleaners out.

Don't waste you money on cleaners. Posted somewhere here, are comments from a GM engineer who studied injector cleaners. Their corporate study showed that 2-3 tanks of detergent gasoline cleaned filthy injectors as well and anything. Most fuels contain detergents. Check the pump labels.

Carb cleaner, safe for the CAT can dress up the throttle bodies, but I saw no improvement in performance afterwards.

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom