Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire Injectors not available?

MoeJr

Corvette
Vetteless
I tried today to order the injectors for my 84 just to have on hand. The guy at my favorite Chevy dealer said the front one was available and the rear one is discontinued. I think he meant throtte bodies but he swore it was the injectors. Can anyone here give me part numbers to order?

:bar

Here's a site that offers alternatives:

http://www.swko.net/~lionsden/crossfire.htm

And here are some custom parts:

http://www.x-ram.com/catalog.php?action=110&cat_id=3

If you're looking for stock stuff, though, that will be a real search. About two years ago I was considering rebuilding mine and found two rebuild kits were available ... one with springs and gaskets and pressure regulators that was fairly cheap and a deluxe kit that included injectors and more. I think I found it available through Schuck's or NAPA or one of the major parts houses. The brand was a standard rebuild provider, like Bosch or something ... again the memory fails. I didn't do the rebuild, though, because it runs strong anyway and i just had itchy fingers. Got over it and left the car alone.

So, I guess my point is to expand your search to rebuild kits that include the injectors instead of just squirters alone. Or go custom and switch them out for more power.

Thanks guys. Expensive little buggers. Ddn't think they cost that much. Oh well I want them so i'll order them.

:beer

Hey ... while we're on the subject of impossible parts for '84s ... the plastic cover on top of the HEI distributor has broken clips on mine. Where can a guy get a new one or a good used one? It's a one-year part and useless for anythiong else.

Wrong part, that's a piece of the distributor. There's a plastic shield that snaps over that one and bridges the gap between the air cleaner and the firewall. And I don't mean the coil cover ...

On 85 and later, it's a cast aluminum part that can be found for about $26/$27, but it's a one-year part on the '84.

Low drag - High speed said:
Wrong part, that's a piece of the distributor. There's a plastic shield that snaps over that one and bridges the gap between the air cleaner and the firewall. And I don't mean the coil cover ...

On 85 and later, it's a cast aluminum part that can be found for about $26/$27, but it's a one-year part on the '84.

aaa I know which one you are talking about...it has a Tether on it...I'll keep an eye out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom