Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire TBI pressure

boomdriver

Corvette
87 z-51
Question:

how is fuel pressure checked on a crossfire? Is there a test port for a gauge? or do you have to splice a gauge in the line somewhere temporarily?

I ask because a buddy inherited a Chevy P/U with a TBI motor and seems to be having intermittant FP issues. We were wondering where the correct place would be to put a gauge and then,

go about setting the fuel pressure...
New fuel pump, sock & filter. Hard to start hot,. easy cold. Seems to have low or no press during the hard start episodes. No spray, just dribbles. Once started it sprays fine. Intank pump.

Checking fuel pressure is a pain on the Crossfire. There is no test port. You have to remove the fuel line that runs between the two TB's and then remake that connection with a temporary line with a pressure gage T'd in. Many people have just permanently installed a gage in the line.

Checking fuel pressure is a pain on the Crossfire. There is no test port. You have to remove the fuel line that runs between the two TB's and then remake that connection with a temporary line with a pressure gage T'd in. Many people have just permanently installed a gage in the line.

Thats what I was afraid of....

Thanks for the info !

On my 84 the fuel filter is clamped to rubber hoses from the factory, you could remove the filter(temporary) & tee into there. Most universal f. press. kits have a tee to do that.

On my 84 the fuel filter is clamped to rubber hoses from the factory, you could remove the filter(temporary) & tee into there. Most universal f. press. kits have a tee to do that.
That would put you ahead of the regulator. For regulated fuel pressure the gauge needs to be in the line between the two TBI units.

Anything from the fuel pump to the rugulator is regulated. The front injector can't add pressure, it has some sort of compensator(free flowing?).

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom