Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cruise control not working and AC not blowing hard

rayres74

Corvette
1987 Black convertible
Had my heads redid and just noticed my mechanic didn't put back together two vacuum lines. One, "looks" like it was disconnected from the fuel pressure regulator to the black plastic T next to the distributor which split the tube running from firewall to cruise control and vacuum tank at left front headlight. I seriously hope that is where the connection was supposed to go. Also, another line from the side of the plenum going up under the bottom of the throttle body. I reconnected them and everything ok. Idle even seemed to be better.

My problem started originally with the AC not blowing air very well. After doing testing on the variations in speed for the blower, getting cold air and hot, everything seems fine except the air not blowing hard. So after reading more it seems that a vent flap door could be stuck in the dash. So later reading found that it runs by vacuum along with the cruise control. When running the ac, heater or defrost all the air blows out of the top dash, front and floor the same no matter what you have it on, ac, heat or defrost. So now it seems that I have a vacuum problem that isn't making the AC blow hard right through the front vents, or heater to the floor and defrost to the windshield.

I have started the car and detached all lines from the T that splits off to firewall, fuel pressure regulator(I hope), and off to CC and vacuum tank to see if I was getting any vacuum whatsoever and I do not. I would imaging I am supposed to be getting a suction of air from the tube coming out of the firewall and do not.

This is where I need help on where to go next! I have read that this tube goes into the passenger side around the ECM which then goes to a module that controls the flap above the gas pedal. have not gone this far yet. really trying to find out where the original source of the vacuum is located so I can run it down from there.

Any thoughts?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom