Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Cruise control

jmhorn52

Corvette
2008 Yellow ZHZ
I am having a problem with cruise control on my 88 coupe with an automatic. I t appears to be engaging automatically even with the switch in the off position. when I take my foot off the gas the car will continue at that speed or accelerate. when I apply the brakes the car will slow an idle at normal RPM's. Is there a way to disable it since I dont like to use it anyway.

Will the fuse affect more than the cruise..no I dont have one

Unhook the cable to the throttle body.

Glenn
:w

I pulled the fuse and the car wouldnt start. Even when I am in the driveway in park and step on the gas it will remain at the engine speed when I let off the gas. When I step on the brake the car will go to normal idle speed.

Thanks to all for the help,,I think I have solved the problem and it wasnt the cruise.:duh:duh. It seems the trim under the dash was binding up the gas pedal. The reason it would slow down when I stepped on the brake is my foot would push the trim up and release the gas and allow the car to slow just as it would if the cruise was activated. Again thanks for the help

Thanks to all for the help,,I think I have solved the problem and it wasnt the cruise.:duh:duh. It seems the trim under the dash was binding up the gas pedal. The reason it would slow down when I stepped on the brake is my foot would push the trim up and release the gas and allow the car to slow just as it would if the cruise was activated. Again thanks for the help

Holy Crap...:boogie

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom