Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cruise control

Corvette
none right now :(
My '96's cruise control hasn't worked since I have owned it... I know there is a common problem with vac leaks... (The AC works like it is supposed to though) Where should I start looking to fix it? thanks for any info.

The first place you should check would be under your fuel rail cover (pass. side). There will be a small vacume cylinder (about the size of a quarter) that is common to breaking. I belive that three different line connect to it from the manifold, check that they are intact. This is about a $3 piece to replace...I had the same problem with mine. Easy fix.

Good luck!

Eric

look here first

Pop your hood and look where the cruise control diaphragm is right above the battery. Two vacuum lines run out of this. one goes to the brake pedal lever and the other will run around the the wheel well towards the front, meeting up with another line at a T joint. Battery acid has a tendency over time to leak onto these lines and once they rot through your cruise won't work. My bet is on the smaller line going around the wheel well.

Spiderman :w

the switch is inside the car, on the clutch? I assume at the top of the pedal? is it obvious? I also assume the pedal shouldn't touch it when it is all the way out? clutch and brake have the same type of switch? thanks!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom