Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CruiseFest IV Announced...

Yoda

Administrator
Corvette
1981 UL5
Our members have asked for, requested we organize a 1981 Registry gathering. We have, in the past met at Bowling Green during "2001 Rendezvous" and intiated the "2002 SharkFest" both these events were held in Bowling Green, KY.

I suggest, rather than attempt another L81 Registry Event, we all get out and support the 2007 Corvette Action Center CruiseFest IV. Talk about being centrally located :D and with all kinds of attractions!!

START NOW planning your trip to Colorado Springs for "CruiseFest IV 2007". Let's make a statement and fill the Rockies with 1981 Corvettes this next June.. It's a great chance to meet fellow L81'ers and to mingle among some great CAC Members.

So Mark your calendars!! Have faith in your old steeds to make it to Colorado Springs and to enjoy every minute of your trip and the events being planned by our very own Corvette Action Center CruiseFest (Colorado "Bunch") Membership.

Support the Action Center and Represent the L81Registry at CruiseFest IV ;)

Sincerely
Bud Dougherty
L81VetteRegistry

Come let's get onboard :upthumbs
bill81vette said:
lets see....1885 miles,32 hrs to get there,sounds like a heck of a ride in vette!!!I'm gonna give it a try see if I can get the time off from work!!
sounds like fun driving that far!!!

Bud

where are all those 81's ???

Let's see now .... Andre & the DawG = 2 1980's. Yoda = 1 1981. Hmmmm .... fire those 81's up, Bud !! Oh ... guess I have to count Howie's '81 ... so far that makes it 2 to 2 !! :_rock BUT the 1980's will have more BLENDERS !!!! ;LOL

Dawg,

Maybe I will have a chance to meet an old/x L81'er from Lakewood, Colorado... :D now wouldn't that be Special ;LOL

I'm going to bounce this thread to the top at least ONCE a month..

Bud

Keep pounding the pavement Yo !! Get those 81's on the road for Colorado !!

CruiseFest IV Updates:

CruisFest IV 2007 ~ Lodging

CruiseFest IV 2007 ~ Activities

You don't want to miss this one! BLACKDOG will be getting the WestSide Posse together to make the run to the Rockies :eek
(Mothers leave your daughters at home, Dads leave your best hunting dog at home, this bunch makes Hank Williams Jr., Willie Nelson, Toby Kieth and all those bad boys look like choir boys) :eek

Bud

Hey Bud,
I don't know if it would help, but you might want to mention something about the deal Bill (GeekInAVette) is putting together for folks whose older model Corvettes may need a bit of an altitude adjustment once they arrive at 6,000 feet about sea level in Colorado Springs.

That may be a nice incentive to folks who might be sitting on the fence.

:w
-Patrick

;) Thanks -Patrick for reminding me :duh

Yup, Geekinavette (Bill) has made arrangements for ANY naturally aspirated :D .... carb cars ;) to receive a mile high quick tune, and detune for anyone interested. Bill set this up with a local Corvette Shop. I don't know if a cost has been cast in Stone yet, but as I recall we discussed around $30 or $40 for the quick tune and detune.

I'm sure there will be more discussion and maybe a list of folks interested, but for now, just make plans to attend ;) :Steer

Bud

Hey Bud,
I don't know if it would help, but you might want to mention something about the deal Bill (GeekInAVette) is putting together for folks whose older model Corvettes may need a bit of an altitude adjustment once they arrive at 6,000 feet about sea level in Colorado Springs.

That may be a nice incentive to folks who might be sitting on the fence.

:w
-Patrick

Is this something we should be concerned with when we are on out way there as well???

I would guess this some kind of an air/fuel adjustment,due to the thin air up there????

Is this something we should be concerned with when we are on out way there as well???

I would guess this some kind of an air/fuel adjustment,due to the thin air up there????

is that why Patrick is the way he is; the thin air? ;)

:w Bill,

I'm sure it has to do with the mixture and maybe the timing. I know I've had RARE through the Sierra’s and Rockies and each time at high altitude, esp around 6,000ft and up it seemed to loose power and act like it was loading up.

Up at Lake Tahoe disconnecting the battery and reconnecting helped, but at times it would still stall at stop lights or when the light turned green and I gave it gas... like it flooded out.

Been through Colorado Springs in Rare a couple of times ;) as I recall she ran ok, less power, but west of Colorado Springs starting up the grade toward Gunnison she almost rolled over and gave up... ;LOL well maybe not that bad, but NO POWER pulling the grade...

Bud

OK thanks Bud!

'81 on Alert Status !!

Let's see now .... Andre & the DawG = 2 1980's. Yoda = 1 1981. Hmmmm .... fire those 81's up, Bud !! Oh ... guess I have to count Howie's '81 ... so far that makes it 2 to 2 !! :_rock BUT the 1980's will have more BLENDERS !!!! ;LOL

Lets not forget theres a '81 4 spd ready to launch, 8-turn'n + 2 burn'n on any hour. Probably combat-turn this puppy and be out the hanger in 20 minutes. The C5 has not got flight orders yet; Dawg what Mach are we cleared for?? Mako out...

Maybe we can get Trent to make the trip too. We haven't seen him in awhile. He still has bragging rights for taking the best of show with an L81 at the first CruiseFest in Auburn.

Tom

I know there is ICE & SNOW on the ground :( what better way to get a change of Attitude ;) Start Making plans for Colorado Springs June 27 ~ June 29, 2007 for CruiseFest IV..

It won't be long and we will probably see more on the Events and Happenings for this years CruiseFest...

I've been in contact with a few of my Ole Pals from "The Posse" from the Central Valley, around Modesto California and 4 or 5 have made reservations at the Hotel and my ole pal BLACKDOG is panting and digging at the walls ... he's ready..

My wife (Nanc) and I are will have a BBQ for anyone coming through Amarillo, TX enroute to Colorado Springs. I will get the mapps out and start looking for routes to Colorado Springs... GerryLP can bring a bunch up from the SW if you travel through Albuquerque, NM and we can hookup south of Colorado Springs and all caravan in together...

Let's rachet this up a notch...

Bud

Good suggestion Bud. Spring is just around the corner except here in nw Ohio where it's been spring since November. God bless global warming.:)

It isn't too early to be making plans and marking routes. Becides, it gives us something to look forward to.

Tom

Here is the latest from the CruiseFest IV Committee:
Hey, everyone,
Just to let you know what's happening "on the ground" out here in snowy Colorado, we have a group of volunteers who are going to start organizing the events for Cruisefest. And the events we will put together will be based, largely, on the results of this poll.

So if you haven't cast your votes yet as to what activities you'd like to see at Cruisefest, get in and vote!

We should be finalizing the schedule soon, and getting all the details ironed out. Once we've done that, we'll be putting up the registration form. Stay tuned!

-Patrick
To see exactly what -Patrick is talking about Click Right HERE! ;)

Bud

UPDATE CruiseFest IV
March 10, 2007​

The dates are set, the Events planned, the Hotel Reserved, Colorado Springs is Calling... GET onboard and join in on the Fun and renew old friendships and meet some of the folks behind the scenes pushing the buttons, as well meet NEW Friends and enjoy the beauty and hospitality that Colorado Springs, and Colorado Rockies offer.

The first CruiseFest was held in Auburn, IN; The Second and Third CruiseFest were held at Bowling Green, KY. HELP make CruiseFest IV a success, even if it may require 2 or 3 days travel.

For the members that didn't drive to Bowling Green, KY because it was too far away, Hopefully Colorado Springs is closer this year and you can plan to attend and Relax, Enjoy and partake in the festivities planned around this years CruiseFest.

Here are a few Links to make it easy for ya ;)

General Information about CruiseFest IV with Links to Caravans and Planned Events.

Direct Link to the Registration Form.

Are you going: Poll

Come on you L81'ers ... let's get out to Colorado Springs ...

Regarding the "altitude adjustments"....

Yes this is to compensate for the thin air here at 6000 ft. The adjustment is just a little less fuel (to keep a good air/fuel ratio in the thinner air) and a few degrees of timing advance. The adjustment is not absolutely necessary, but without computer control of fuel and spark advance the car will run richer (compared to sea level) and with less power. You'll enjoy the caravans a LOT more with the adjustment! (some of the caravan routes will hit 8000ft).

This of course only applies to non computer-controlled engines (not sure how much "control" there is in the '81 computer).

DO NOT "forget" to have the adjustment reversed before leaving Colorado! This is very important.

The registration form has contact information for two different shops, one just South of Colorado Springs and one in South Denver for folks coming down from the North. Contact the shop of choice for more information.

See y'all in June!

Bill

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom