Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crush on Orange -

*89x2*

...another orange :cool

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :upthumbs

Callaway Cars said:
We're in full "Atomic" mode here, as another Orange convertible was delivered last Friday, 9/22. And we're in the middle of preparing an orange coupe for Harbor Chevrolet (Michigan City, IN).
This paddle-shifter-equipped Callaway Corvette is a little different from the previous week's orange car as this one has the silver painted (not polished) supercharger and was ordered with the two-tone interior. The dealership also asked us to add the GM accessory spoiler (painted black instead of body color) and chrome door handle guards.
Ordered by Harriman Chevrolet in Harriman, New York, the new owners chose to pick up the car here instead of taking delivery at the dealership. They could then get the Callaway factory tour.
IMG_6846.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

IMG_6843.jpg

IMG_6844.jpg

IMG_6847.jpg

IMG_6848.jpg

Very nice, but I have seen a couple of new Atomic Orange cars and still prefer DSOM.

Sweet.... these things are breeding like rabbits!...

Way to go Callaway!

-Luigi
:cool

Sweet. Love that spoiler.

Yes I did and that also caused a 'bulge in my hood' if you know what I mean. What I meant was that after seeing my DSOM car next to an Atomic Orange car I still prefer the DSOM color.

Well, You knew it was only a matter of time....

I could not resist...I was weak....

My plan is to be able to modify the hood with a mold and the engine tray will consist of 4 pieces: 1. the tray including the blower, 2. the valve covers, 3. the front pulley and throttle body, 4. intake plenum.

The first one HAS TO BE atomic orange...I love that color...keep ya posted

P4032948.jpg

P4032952.jpg

Made the first copy from the mold. The trick on this bad boy is the hood cannot be removed from the body of the car. If you try, it breaks the hinge. I now this from 2 trys. Purchased the Atomic Orange last week and will be ready to spray next weekend. The engine bay will take a few more weeks.
P1010211.jpg

Mannnnn the model looks great Critt!!!

I must say though, I'm not as fond of this lighter orange as I am of the more reddish orange of a few years ago. This is a little too copper for my tastes.

Hey critt99, are these pics Corvettes in 1:18 scale? Where did you get the Atomic Orange paint? I have an new 07 Atomic Orange convertible (full size). I want to buy a 1:18 convert of some sort and see if I can paint my own to match my full size. Is this possible wtih your experience?

It is not too hard..paint is regular automotive Dupont 2-stage, base and clear coat. The car needs to be 100% dis-assembled for the best job. I use an airbrush.

We done an orange one prior to DSOM. Hardware spray can. I did not find the shade I really wanted at the auto stores.
Had to redo it couple times and although it came out good the brilliance isn't there.
Primered it first.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom