Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: curious what your $.02 is on this

hotshotzny

Corvette
bright red 1984 crossfire
the most horrible thing about my 84 is the center console pad.. i had posted before asking about the color codes and what not and its hard to explain... the pictures just dont seem to match ow it looks in real life... my question here is what do you think is going to look better/worse... ordering the red one which may not match due to color fading etc... or just a plain black center console pad....

000_1080.jpg

you asked for it :D

my 0,02 is that the most horrible hideous disgusting thing on your vette is that steering wheel cover. :puke

take the pain and spent that 300 dollars for a new wheel.
or go to a good interior worker and let him re-upholster it.
because I gues this cover was done because the leather is worn out.

About the center lid , order a new red, when it took 20 years to fade and the rest does not look very faded to me.
and that is why I do not think it was the sun , The swaety underarms probably did more damage. :W

you asked for it :D

my 0,02 is that the most horrible hideous disgusting thing on your vette is that steering wheel cover. :puke

take the pain and spent that 300 dollars for a new wheel.
or go to a good interior worker and let him re-upholster it.
because I gues this cover was done because the leather is worn out.

About the center lid , order a new red, when it took 20 years to fade and the rest does not look very faded to me.
and that is why I do not think it was the sun , The swaety underarms probably did more damage. :W

i didnt ask about the steering wheel cover but thanks anyway..... and i gotta wonder how thier underarms got all the way down on the center arm rest;shrug..... but i know what you mean anyway:D... but you cant tell me the leather hasnt faded in the sun and its gonna match perfect.....it impossible... and i think that will look like crap!

and i gotta wonder how thier underarms got all the way down on the center arm rest;shrug
but you cant tell me the leather hasnt faded in the sun and its gonna match perfect.....it impossible... and i think that will look like crap!

easy, with an automatic you can relaaaaaaax and put your arm to rest.
try that in a hot day and you stick to the lid :chuckle yuk,

call me an originality freak , but the only way to go is RED.
even when it means to replace the rest of the interior too :cool

I did not do my interior the NCRS way and would never attend shows with my vette cause I am a driver not a poser.
but I want things done properly.
http://members.home.nl/callawaycorvette/restoration

for example when the ac vents are slightly out of direction I need to adjust them to a straight position. ;shrug

anyway back to topic,
the carpet and leather does not look very faded to me, seen worse :eek:hnoes

its actually in very good condition (the guy must have had sweaty elbows.... kinda grosses me out to think about it now that you mention it) the problem is somewhere i was looking they show 2 shades of red... the pictures make the interior look a bit of a darker red but in reality they are actually pretty bright.... and im not lookin to go to any type of show or competition... its pretty much my daily driver if the reds were a bit off it would drive my OCD ass insane no doubt:W.... thats what makes me think the black might belnd in ok with the center console since it is black also...... you have no idea how much this is bothering me.... and yea i hate that steering wheel cover for one the obvious its on the ugly/tacky side... and the other they didnt put it on right so its a bit askew..... but im afraid to see whats underneath it and havent seen a different one/less tacky one that i would put on it..... and im just not gonna pay $300-$400 bucks for a steering wheel just yet..... got a lot of other things i want to do

that made me laugh!

i was thinkin red to match the car... but again the color matching comes into play:rotfl

I think black would look good in there. Original? No it won't be original, but the black is more apt to be a closer match and I think it would look good as well, following the the console right on back.

I don't know when the change was made, but that's the way my 94 is.

Corvette110.jpg

Just my .02

I agree with Tom!! Black Top,clean and paint the console side panels!!:thumb
It will be like we used to say in the Old Days!!!:thumb She be "Teats Up"!!:D:D:D

I agree with Tom!! Black Top,clean and paint the console side panels!!:thumb
It will be like we used to say in the Old Days!!!:thumb She be "Teats Up"!!:D:D:D

I haven't heard that one in a long time. :boogie

I think black would look good in there. Original? No it won't be original, but the black is more apt to be a closer match and I think it would look good as well, following the the console right on back.

I don't know when the change was made, but that's the way my 94 is.

Corvette110.jpg

Just my .02

Tom, you need to change or repair the transmission trim panel; I had the same problem with my 94 and bought a new matching one off of e-bay for $110. The wife hated the scratches and peeling on it. Believe that MAMW offers them, but for more $$. You could also paint it, but there is a lot of labor involved and the spray paint that looks like the rubberized surface on the OEM trim panel is no longer available according to posts on the other forum.
For my $0.02 worth, my 94 has the same interior as Toms, red with black accents. My console cover is black also. I recommend the black over the red (this hurts because red is my color), but it will look better.
Barrett

Just because GM designers did it one way it doesnt make it better. And personally, the NCRS doesnt know jack about Factory Correct anyway.

I've found that in the 16 years I've owned my Vette I wasted a lot of $ trying to make it "stock" when I evolved into making it a BETTER design then the Yahoos at GM. Sorry Dave McClellen...no doubt you had to compromise too much! I think my anti-stock philosophy started when they put those HORENDOUS fat man seats in later c4's as well as those pace cars graphics :puke

The black may actually go better in that it causes a visual break between the console and seats. In stock color it looks like a bench seat! Stock red makes the rest of the black console look like its floating.

I was never satisfied with the stock door design anyway. Its poorly engineered so that when you lean on it.... it compresses and the edges flare out making it look old too quickly. I added a leather armrest to the top of the stock console. It absorbs any force and its higher and more comfortable too.

Don't know if it came that way from the factory but mine is black with red interior. Have no idea and don't care, it looks better with the black after seeing your red cover.

Whats with all the stuff hanging from your key? Don't you know a lot of wieght can be hard on the lock cylinder?

Hey where can I get one of those beemer wheel covers.:chuckle

Glenn
:w

While it would not follow the original color, I vote for black as it would probably look better and match the black around the shifter portion of the console (not to mention that it will be much easier to find it in black).

when they put those HORENDOUS fat man seats in later c4's :puke

that is exactly why I like the Corvette interior untill 1993 only.

however being stuborn can be stupid too because I am a [120kg 6ft4] lard ass man.:eek:hnoes and could fit better in these late seats.

Don't know if it came that way from the factory but mine is black with red interior. Have no idea and don't care, it looks better with the black after seeing your red cover.

Whats with all the stuff hanging from your key? Don't you know a lot of wieght can be hard on the lock cylinder?

Hey where can I get one of those beemer wheel covers.:chuckle

Glenn
:w

usually there is only 4 keys hanging there and the key fob for my other car..... oh and dnt forget the emergency bottle opener :beer

im gonna go with the black definetly..like most people say i think it will look better.... and honestly im not to sure about being original and seeing how there were 51,000 of them produced im pretty sure they arent going to e in high demand for an all original 84

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom