Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Custom Vettes

80, everyone's been wondering how to gt something like you had, only in reverse. They want a late c3 to be a conv, you took an early and bumped up its years.

Just wondering about my earlier question, does anyone have any experience with custom dashes? I assume theyre made of fiberglass...woudl i ahve to go the 100% unique route and have someone make the molds, or are there companies out there that have already done this, in some corner of the world?
What prices are we talking about anyway?
thanks

cloth interior

...if you're handy at the sewing machine, you may like to try this little project. Even the map pocket!

If you are still looking to install a computer in your car take a look at these!

http://www.fujitsu-pc.com/www/products_pentablets.shtml?products/pentablets/stylistic_p600

We use these for order execution on the trading floors here in Chicago. They weigh less than a pound, are about 12'6'1'. Mine has a 500Mhz Processor and 10 GB hard drive, USB, audio input/output and Type 2 PC Card slot. Eveything is touch screen with built in Palm Style handwritting recognition. Hook it up to a mobile GPS with USB connector and you can go anywhere. Also is great for MP3 since they have a descent hard drive! I mounted mine on the passenger side and am working on a cool way to conceal it when parked. FYI... Visibility on these are limited in direct sunlight, but perfect at night.

Enjoy!

Save the wave!

Cool idea...but too expensive. I dont think my entire system will cost half of that.
I have a "computer-nerd" friend (im not knocking him, hes just very adept) who has decided to help me on this project. We will be using linux (sigh) and have a custom interface. This shoudl keep the costs down because i dont need to buy much software, its all free! I have found GPS software and also there seems to be an easy way to interface with an onboard computer to read diagnostics, engine speed, car speed, fuel data, etc. Of course, i need to get the vette a computer first.
I'm excited about the project, but i need the vette too first. Let's hope i get lucky this weekend.

1stvette, i take it you work in finance. I am looking to go into that field. It was funny...at my highschool (a liberal arts slanted school) i was the only one out of 225 that wanted to do finance. In my soon to be college, 40% major in it.

Tomas

I have found used ones on ebay for significantly less if anyone is interested in the idea.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom